Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The bloke who controls the scoreboard

TS90

Jan 26, 2011
Seems to have come in for a bit of stick from fans but to be fair to him (or her), he's got better every game and seems to add a new feature to his repertoire every week. Last game we got a note of who scored and who'd been booked, I wonder what we'll see next.

:clap:

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Substitutes?

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
The half time draw numbers?

Seaber

Oct 20, 2010
Wales
If someone goes off injured and doesn't return, such as Hayter, or is sent off, their name should show in red or black or disappear. Excellent, otherwise.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I think they should have a card symbol next to their name if they are booked. Can be quite hard to see small yellow writing as that different from small white writing.

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
I think they should have a card symbol next to their name if they are booked. Can be quite hard to see small yellow writing as that different from small white writing.

probably a good idea, although was good to see the bookings introduced last night (dont remember this from games previously)

if they could show the subs every 5/10 mins or so, that'd be perfect.

replays seem to be a work in progress, but at donny game it all seemed good so no concerns there.

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
Was very impressed with the scoreboards, was useful to check which Gillingham players hadn't been booked, lol.

The only thing I found a bit off-putting was that pink advert that kept coming up every so often. I wonder if that's a bit of a distraction for the players on the pitch?

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
The replays shown on screen have more angles than on the club site (behind the goal, lower level, etc.). I guess the club site is restricted by what the FL allow to be shown?

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I'd like to see a little ticker at the bottom that flashes up with latest scores from around the division

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
The replays shown on screen have more angles than on the club site (behind the goal, lower level, etc.). I guess the club site is restricted by what the FL allow to be shown?

I imagine that against Doncaster they were the BBC replays.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I agree with the substitutes comment, I always forget who is on the bench two minutes after its announced, I would also like to see OFF OFF OFF OFF after a bad tackle.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
It should have a cartoon version of the ref, who can be customised each week to resemble the actual referee. You could then have them acting out the issueing of cards on the big screen each time. And then when there is a rubbish decision, they can show the ref hanging his head in shame with the word "BOOOOOO!" above his head.

Similar to this:

Clipart-Free-Gif-10.gif

Or this:

0511-0805-0118-2222.jpg

Last edited:

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
Seems to have come in for a bit of stick from fans but to be fair to him (or her), he's got better every game and seems to add a new feature to his repertoire every week. Last game we got a note of who scored and who'd been booked, I wonder what we'll see next.

:clap:

at the spurs game he was just sitting in his little chair, bad back, and cigarette in hand. when spurs scored, he cricked his back, put his hand on his hip, took a draw from his fag and groaned a little. clunk clunk whirr.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here