Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Bill

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
I saw Trudie Goodwin (June Ackland) at one of her daughters (Le Roux) gigs in Portsmouth. She was in a play in Portsmouth at the time, apparently.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
The Bill was absolutely brilliant back in the days of Don Beech and John Boulton, the second Don killed John, it was over. It carried on being good during the fall out, but then went absolutely shocking. :down:

The episodes with Dave Quinnan getting stabbed will always be some of the best TV I've ever seen.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Can someone please explain that why, when they are looking for someone who is trying to evade them, when they see them about 50 yards away, they shout out there name and draw attention to themselves rather than instigate a pincer movement thus facilitating an early capture. Is this true to real life or is it just to allow the fugitive a chance to run?

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
Can someone please explain that why, when they are looking for someone who is trying to evade them, when they see them about 50 yards away, they shout out there name and draw attention to themselves rather than instigate a pincer movement thus facilitating an early capture. Is this true to real life or is it just to allow the fugitive a chance to run?

i love the show but that's the one thing that bugs me about it. "hey you....stop police" from the next street isn't going to make some dangerous fugitive have his collar felt by a couple of wooden tops !!!

Oh...and Sam Nixon needs to come back too otherwise i'll have to start taping loose women when she's on it !!!

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
I still watch it alot.

Might not be as good as it used to be, but having said that it's still so much better than all those contrived slick US cop shows that get screened there.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
I wasn't keen on the new, re-vamped, show. Where was the old tune, where was Big Tone?

I've also wondered why they park their car about 100 yards from a suspect then call him. maybe it's the thrill of the chase.

Also, and it's not just The Bill but they should know better, do drivers always drive with their windows down and leave them open when parking the car?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here