Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Big Match Revisited

Playing On The Grit

Twitter: @leighjcooper
Apr 2, 2008
No worries! The pleasure of working from home means I can watch gems like this and the TV schedules are only the press of the Sky remote away!

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
I missed it! :cry: And I nearly always watch it! Sake! There's nothing on that link to it either any ideas croydon seagull? I'm desperate to watch it

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
Peter Sayer with his tight 80's perm hair, looks class[/QUOTE]
Was he married or going out with one of the Nolan sisters at the time?

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Fear not everyone, it's on tomorrow morning (Friday) at 11.30. Sky+ set for the game I was actually at.
Great memories.

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
Teacher Peter Suddaby went out with one of the Nolans - definitive. Lucky man! But deserved anything for the way he turned our first season in Div One round.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Anyone able to copy it onto DVD for me? My Freeview is not working and it will otherwise be about two weeks before I'll get hold of the digital file....

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Let's hope so.

And also hoping Newcastle 1 Brighton 3 from 1978/79 is featured next month.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
And also hoping Newcastle 1 Brighton 3 from 1978/79 is featured next month.

Hear hear to that! I never saw that match - had to listen to it on the car radio when my car broke down in the middle of nowhere (literally) as I was travelling from Edinburgh, where I lived at the time, to see the match.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Mmmm, I'm also currently trying to track down Brighton 0 Crystal Palace 0 from 1978/79. Apparently, that was on the telly at the time, and some Palace fans might have it. :albion2::ohmy:

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
Would a programme from this game signed by Mark Lawrenson and Teddy Maybank be worth anything? I have 2 copies and might be persuaded to sell/ebay one of them.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I found the Newcastle programme at Step Back In Time, on Queen's Road, for £1.50. I reckon that's the most it will be worth, seeing as programmes from 1970s onwards have next to zero money value. I doubt having signatures on it would raise the value by much. Even so, I suppose there might be someone willing to pay a fiver for it as it marked what was probably then the greatest day in the club's history. Good luck, whatever you decide to do with it!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here