Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Big Bang Theory.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I saw a couple of minutes of a programme the other day with canned laughter on. It was a UK show, can't remember what it was. The canned laughter seemed so out of place it was ridiculous, like some terrible 1970s sitcom. I can't believe any producer now thinks inserting canned laughter into a soundtrack is a good idea. It was cringeworthy.
Watch the first series of Only Fools and Horses, no canned laughter, no laughter at all. Very weird and needs the laughter.

I love Chico and Big Bang, it has got a little samey but still good. I can watch them over and over again and do.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Used to watch it all the time - but not so much recently. Still enjoy it every now and again though - mainly for the reason every other fella does.

Bang, Bang, Bang...Penny. Bang, Bang, Bang...Penny. Bang, Bang, Bang....Penny. ;o)

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Just popped into my head: it was that Citizen Khan programme that had the canned laughter. Presumably to confirm to the viewing audience (of hundreds) which lines were supposed to be the funny bits.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here