Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

Anyone better? Of course not !!!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
True. Clough was the best Englishman.

Motson (despite the 'respect' we must show him coz he's older) still a t**t.
Biased views against several clubs on 5live Monday Night Club each week, whilst in a love in with ManUre & Spuds. Tunnel vision foe his own inflexible views.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
He only used the Albion job as a convenient stepping stone but I have nothing but admiration for the bloke. Would have been an inspiriational England manager.

colinz

Banned
Oct 17, 2010
Auckland
Think he would of needed Peter Taylor working with him, to have been a success.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Cloughie was good and a character however nothing ever beat the Spitting Image sketch when he was arranging his drinks cabinet - comedy genius

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
If you have not seen it " The damned united " is probably the best football film ever made if most of it was true it quite cleary showed clough & Taylor were a double act & clough was the manager he was with taylors guidance . If they were in charge of England in the 70s we may have qualified for 74 & 78 finals ( all ifs & buts though )

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
If you have not seen it " The damned united " is probably the best football film ever made if most of it was true it quite cleary showed clough & Taylor were a double act & clough was the manager he was with taylors guidance . If they were in charge of England in the 70s we may have qualified for 74 & 78 finals ( all ifs & buts though )

Agreed - and many people I know who have absolutely no interest in football whatsoever have thoroughly enjoyed it as well. Martin Sheen was superb.

But Clough was a genius. "I may not be the best football manager in the Country, but I'm certainly in the top one"

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Agreed - and many people I know who have absolutely no interest in football whatsoever have thoroughly enjoyed it as well. Martin Sheen was superb.

But Clough was a genius. "I may not be the best football manager in the Country, but I'm certainly in the top one"

Also Martin sheen played a fantastic portrayal of Kenneth Williams in a BBC drama a truly great actor

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here