Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] The best James Bond that never was

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
He could not possibly play 007, as he is not a number, he’s a free man.

He could however have played 006.
He already had the badge....

20211226_144419.jpg

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
After watching Mary Poppins and Diagnosis Murder I would have to plump for Dick Van Dyke.

And he had the experience of driving a multi-talented car in Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.

Not sure he has the gravitas, though.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Priti Patel. She’s well ‘ard. It would also get her away from the Home Office brief.

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
I feel like Tom Hardy should have had this role and now feel he's too old / too cast as a different type of actor. Never say never, but I think the ship has sailed. FWIW, I was arguing this case about 10 years ago...even considered his roles in InceptionSpy Kids to be a natural progression to Bond. So it's possible, but he's kind of above it now.

I'd like to see Fassbender as bond. Cavill is too attractive / American but I thought he could be considered as well.

Agree, though would still like him to do it next. Fantastic actor, with a bit of edge.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
“How did you know I was alive then Tommy “ ?

“You wrote me a letter Tommy”

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Are we talking about the current cereal eating monogamist sober yoga-engulfing perfect son-in-law or Ian Flemings character?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
And he had the experience of driving a multi-talented car in Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.

Not sure he has the gravitas, though.

And of course Ian Fleming wrote Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.

And no to Tom Hardy as Bond. TH is one of my favourite actors but he just wouldn’t suit the role. Lazy choice and I’m glad he was ruled out very early on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here