Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The beautiful weather of June

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Yes, me and the missus are getting totally sick of this weather. It's not just now, it's the last 5 or 6 'summers' that have been more like a non-stop November.

It used to be the case that the jet stream, which steers rain-bearing areas of low pressure (depressions) across the Atlantic, moved north in the summer, so that most of England came under the influence of high pressure over mainland Europe, which brought plenty of warm, sunny weather.

But for the last 5-6 years, the jet stream seems to have got firmly stuck right over the UK each summer, so that an endless series of depressions move from the Eastern seaboard of the States, across the Atlantic, and head straight for us.

It really is getting me down. With every lousy summer we have, the more me and the missus talk about emigrating when we retire. I expect it to piss down and blow a gale in the winter, but not every summer too.

:down::rant::down::rant::down::rant::down::rant::down::rant::down::rant::down::rant::down::rant::down::rant::down::rant::down::rant::down::rant:

Last edited:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It's nature's way of solving the Euro Crisis and helping the environment in one. The whole of Northern Europe buys up Spanish and Greek property and works remotely in the cloud from their Mediterranean apartment.

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
We're still officially in spring and whilst it's been a disappointing season, fingers crossed for a nice warm summer.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
We're still officially in spring and whilst it's been a disappointing season, fingers crossed for a nice warm summer.

8th June, Spring ? The weather last weekend 12C was colder than on Xmas day 13C. That I think says it all. And any plans for Sunday ? Forget it, it is another washout.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
It WILL rain on 22nd June, can't remember the last time we had no rain on my birthday :lol:

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
8th June, Spring ? The weather last weekend 12C was colder than on Xmas day 13C. That I think says it all. And any plans for Sunday ? Forget it, it is another washout.

Meant to be playing golf Sunday :cry:

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean

Marvellous, my boy's Monday 5.30pm training been moved to Sunday to avoid clashing with the England game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here