Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Beatles

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
as a mere youngster i have always been into modern music, championing those of my gereration rather than harking back to the music my parents would listen to, though they would always say it was better. but i have discovered i have been wasting my time. over the last couple of days i have started to investigate more seriously the back catalogue of the beatles. most recently i have listened to abbey road, magical mystery tour and let it be and they have totally blown me away. i cannot believe this music was being made 40 years ago and i say to anyone who was lucky enough to be growing up during that era that they don't know how lucky they were. i urge anyone that's into today's indie/rock/electronic to invest time in listening to as much beatles as they can get their hands on. they truly were the fathers of modern music.

:bowdown:

Tesco in Disguise said:
i say to anyone who was lucky enough to be growing up during that era that they don't know how lucky they were.
Oh yes we do.

:D

I'm back in the U.S.S.R.
You don't know how lucky you are
Back in the U.S.
Back in the U.S.
Back in the U.S.S.R.

Last edited:

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
For fans of the Beatles (& the Beach Boys)

Brighton Festival Fringe:

21st May 2006

LIVE ! PET SOUNDS vs. SGT. PEPPER
THE BRIGHTON BEACH BOYS
St George's Church, St George's Rd
8:00 PM
£15.00, £12.00

Featuring Brighton fan Ralph Brown

Box Office 01273 709709

I've seen them perform Beach Boys songs and if their rendition of the Beatles Sergeant Pepper album is even half as good then it should be an excellent evening.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Tesco in Disguise said:
as a mere youngster i have always been into modern music, championing those of my gereration rather than harking back to the music my parents would listen to, though they would always say it was better. but i have discovered i have been wasting my time. over the last couple of days i have started to investigate more seriously the back catalogue of the beatles. most recently i have listened to abbey road, magical mystery tour and let it be and they have totally blown me away. i cannot believe this music was being made 40 years ago and i say to anyone who was lucky enough to be growing up during that era that they don't know how lucky they were. i urge anyone that's into today's indie/rock/electronic to invest time in listening to as much beatles as they can get their hands on. they truly were the fathers of modern music.

:bowdown:
You're not alone. My 13 year old son downloads music off the internet and he hasn't a clue if a song is four months old or forty years old. He's got some interesting tastes as well: Hendrix, Who, Queen, some Floyd as well as modern bands who I haven't heard of

It's good that people are listening to music as music and making their own personal judgments as opposed to being told what to think and just liking the latest fashionable noise. Young people have finally thrown off the cultural shackles imposed by punk.

Last edited:

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Having been born in 1975, I was extremely fortunate to grow up surrounded by the quality music that my dad played every waking minute at home.. and i mean every waking minute. By the age of 5 I had Beatles, Stones, Beach Boys etc lyrics and melodies stored deep into my brain. We lived and breathed 60's music, 10, 15, 20 years after it was all over... and i'm forever thankful that that was the case.

:drink:

Last edited:

Dandyman

In London village.
Awful scouse boy band.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Dandyman said:
Awful scouse boy band.

I don't think this a thread discussing that, be off with you. :)

The greatest composers of music in the modern era. FACT.

McShane79

Oct 20, 2005
Worthing
Best band ever. Fact.

I was born in '76 and got into them when the Anthology series was being shown on the tv. If you get a chance, you should watch the dvd's of this. Brilliant.

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
Fran Hagarty said:
For fans of the Beatles (& the Beach Boys)

Brighton Festival Fringe:

21st May 2006

LIVE ! PET SOUNDS vs. SGT. PEPPER
THE BRIGHTON BEACH BOYS
St George's Church, St George's Rd
8:00 PM
£15.00, £12.00

Featuring Brighton fan Ralph Brown

Box Office 01273 709709

Link to poster :

http://queen-of-outer-space.com/brighton.htm

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
They're good but not exactly Jackson and His Computer Band.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I love all that stuff. It's good to see music picking up a bit now, with bands like Hard Fi and The Artic Monkeys, but I always have some Beatles or Rolling Stones on me.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
I have the entire beatles back catalogue on my ipod altohugh the only album I ever listen to is Abbey Road and A day in the life on sgt peppers. The rest is all a bit naff to me.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Hard to explain how groundbreaking they were, especially as it all sounds a bit twee these days.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I doubt there will ever be a greater band than The Beatles.

If you listen to many good new bands through the years the majority have been influenced by The Beatles - Oasis for starters.

Last edited:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
They were one of the last progressive bands in my opinion. Every album moved on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here