Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The BBC said that we paid a 5 figure loan fee for giftens loan

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Just hope we can cut a deal and keep the fella for L1 next season. If he can put in a first half performance like yesterday when he's only half fit, then I'd love to see him in the stripes come August after a pre-season.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Club can't win can they? Eventually find a player who might make a difference, albeit at the 11th hour and still we whinge.

Last edited:

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Bromley shrimp said:
The £4k seems about right, but I was thinking it was the fee (£25k) to Burnley + his weekly wage on top.
Can anybody clarify the situation?

I'm not certain, but I thought a loan was not a purchase, just a loan where most, if not all wages were paid, but no fee.

Otherwise, have we been paid for Kuipers, Jarett, McPhee, McCammon, etc. for their loans?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
London Irish said:
That was my understanding - good bit of business by both Burnley and us I reckon. I can't believe people are saying we shouldn't have spent the money, he is different class to what we have.

He looks good and if he signs on next season we could get straight back up.

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
Bromley shrimp said:
The £4k seems about right, but I was thinking it was the fee (£25k) to Burnley + his weekly wage on top.
Can anybody clarify the situation?

I have no idea what the fee was but £25k has been in the papers, but cant imagine a fee has been paid as well as paying his weekly wage, I know when Tank has been on loan other clubs they have made a small contribution to his wages but not paid a fee on top as well, but other situations might be different though.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Race said:
I know when Tank has been on loan other clubs they have made a small contribution to his wages but not paid a fee on top as well

Well that's hardly the sort of thing you tell your missus, now is it?

:lolol:

Last edited:

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
I dont care what he cost if he knows how to put the ball in the onion bag hes is worth it imho

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
London Irish said:
That was my understanding - good bit of business by both Burnley and us I reckon. I can't believe people are saying we shouldn't have spent the money, he is different class to what we have.

yep agreed.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Albion save a £five figure in wages as Chris Phee has gone to Swindon. Or can he stay there that long, hopefully?

Probably a £four figure wage bill though?

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here