Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Battle For Falmer Begins. For Those Perhaps Too Young to Remember.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
I wish I'd shared your optimism back then. I went to the game and it was around then that I thought that this was the beginning of the end for the Albion. It nearly broke my heart to see the Albion sunk so low.

.....14 years on, we're top of league one, money bags Albion fan for a chairman, brand new stadium, the sexiest football outside the Premiership and I'm getting ready to go back to Bournemouth for the first time since then with my 11 year old son who adores the Albion in a way only a fellow Brighton fan would know.

Really glad the rest of you stuck with it. Thanks so much.

Buzzer you've summed up how I feel eloquently. I remember being at that game and being called a hooligan. It was the first time I'd ever been involved in a pitch invasion but it just felt right as there was so much pent up frustration about being helpless to do anything. This started our long journey and some of the newer fans in their comfy west stand seats should remember that without the actions of this and other demos we staged, they would not have a club or be looking forward to watching our club in the best new stadium in England!

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
Me and a now well respected publican went on with a bedsheet painted with the words 'Is the archer a robbing hood?'.

The policeman let us get near the centre circle and do a twirl with it because they knew it was political, not hooliganism.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Quite an intresting watch. Can someone please tell me why the Albion fans were singing " the Bournemouth run away " in the Hark now hear song. Was there something between the two clubs back then?

Have a look at the link on their thread about the Boxing day at the Goldstone in 1971. 30,600, yes there was something between the clubs!

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
Commentator: "Brighton fans ... could make their protest ... by staying away from matches ..." Does anyone remember who this brainless sanctimonious pillock was?

Last edited:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Quite an intresting watch. Can someone please tell me why the Albion fans were singing " the Bournemouth run away " in the Hark now hear song. Was there something between the two clubs back then?

Did you not see the whole stand of B'MUFF running from 10 Albion!

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Commentator: "Brighton fans ... could make their protest ... by staying away from matches ..." Does anyone remember who this brainless sanctimonious pillock was?

I don't think it was the commentator who suggested this, I think you'll find it was the co-commentator on the day. Mr Alan Mullery.
I'm not sure he deserves to be called a sanctimonious pillock.

BHABen

Jan 12, 2010
Remember this well, i had a fight with my brother cause he stopped me running on the pitch, i got the photo on my wall with the"never go to pompey belloti" sign on it. What do you expect from a commentator for the meridian match, what did meridian ever do for us, its all about pompey and the saints, always has always will.
I seem to remember a cup game a couple of seasons before this where it proper kicked off with what was led to believe a load of pompey fans, ill never forget the image of a Brighton fan being carried off on a stretcher with a blanket over his face....rumours started that he was dead...i can tell you that at 14 i was proper bricking it as all hell was gonna break loose after the game

fatfingers

Aug 18, 2004
hove
look at 1 min 12 secs of that video, Who is the fan that in the middle of a pitch invasion drops his trousers and spanks his arse at the Bournemouth Fans??, with coppers all around! How did he not get nicked? haha

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
I was at that game and remember the camera panning on me walking along the terrace with my mate!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here