Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The 'back from the game' thread - Cardiff (h) edition

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
For what it's worth, saw Vicente in prolonged conversation during the warm up with either the doctor or physio.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Thought we played well, just frustrating because you feel with the addition of a good striker we would have 4 points now rather than 1. Anyway, onwards and upwards- it has been encouraging so far we just need a striker that will give us a bit extra.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
I thought we were more direct than last season which made for an entertaining game but I thought we were frantic at times.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
I enjoyed the game and was very impressed with Bruno, Bridge and Kojak.

Worthai Seagull

Wenners
May 11, 2009
Worthing/ Hua Hin,Thailand
Good game just lacking the final touch, CMS louked very good thought Bridders was thr poorest on show tonight with misplaced passes

Wrong.....Dicker was poorest tonight. Looked a yard off the pace . I just do not understand how CMS ended up playing on the right side of midfield. There literally was no one to pass to up front ...when we needed two up there !
Oh well...easy being manager here i suppose ! And yes Bridcutt was , as always , superb ! I think i counted two misplaced passes from him !

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Pick of the night was the Bruno 3 pointer for me - he nearly got it out the stadium

Thought you were gonna say that pivot he did when he left their player for dead.now that was nice.

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
Is no one going to mention the header off the line from CMS in the first half that was worth a goal at the other end?

Oh, OK then.

All in all I came away very frustrated, precious few clear scoring chances and no deadly finnishing.

Worthai Seagull

Wenners
May 11, 2009
Worthing/ Hua Hin,Thailand
Hope so. An entertaining and technically good show from both teams. Bridge just pipped MOTM from CMS from me.

Bridge was fantastic tonight... i do wonder what he thinks about what is in front of him though. He's quicker than i thought as well . Actually we are playing with a lot more pace ...which does sometimes look 'frantic' . Great entertainment though , and when we get that all important front man, i think we might get more balance. Certainly not dull at The Amex !!

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
Is no one going to mention the header off the line from CMS in the first half that was worth a goal at the other end?

Oh, OK then.

All in all I came away very frustrated, precious few clear scoring chances and no deadly finnishing.

Or Swedishing for that matter. (note to self, stop typing so fast).

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Wrong.....Dicker was poorest tonight. Looked a yard off the pace . I just do not understand how CMS ended up playing on the right side of midfield. There literally was no one to pass to up front ...when we needed two up there !
Oh well...easy being manager here i suppose ! And yes Bridcutt was , as always , superb ! I think i counted two misplaced passes from him !

Dicker anonymous again. Bizarre seeing CMS playing so deep with Dicker and even Bridcutt ahead of him - obv a Gus instruction but why?

For what it's worth, saw Vicente in prolonged conversation during the warm up with either the doctor or physio.

He didn't appear with the others at half time, pretty sure he wasn't up for playing tonight

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
Good game just lacking the final touch, CMS louked very good thought Bridders was thr poorest on show tonight with misplaced passes

Thought Bridcutt was class until the last ten minutes whan he started to give the ball away. Think this was because he had to cover for the rest of the midfield during the game and he ran out of steam. Crofts was below par, Dicker gave the ball away so many times, that he finally lost confidence and stopped showing for the ball. The biggest puzzle for me was Gus putting Vicente up front and dropping CMS into midfield. Vicente is NOT a forward and it negates what he is good at.However, there were positive displays from Bruno,Bridge,CMS and for me Kuzshac ? was our MOM for that double save. I would have settled for a draw as the best chances fell to them. CMS header off the line and how Helguson blazed over the bar from four yards I don't know. Barnsley on Saturday is looking like a must win already.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Oh, OK then.

It certainly saved Kuszczak who was beaten. I feel the same way as I haven't seen us score a goal in anger for months.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I'm not sure what Gus is doing putting Vicente upfront either, wasted there IMO. CMS looks good, really needs a goal now. Bridge looks better with every game. Enjoyed that 0-0 although the number of chances we create without scoring is getting very frustrating. Cardiff looked a quality side.

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
Best 0-0 I have been to for a long time.

Slightly unlucky not to get a goal but would have taken the result after the first 20 mins.

Not sure Vicente up front on his own is a winner tho.

Potters mate

Jan 22, 2004
Lewes
The most watchable 0 0 ive seen for a while. Both teams will come away saying 'we couldve won that'. Felt Noone was on it tonight apart from his distribution, as woeful as his crossing was it must be hard to pick out a striped shirt in the area when theres only one in the box. Barnes was ok felt he should have stuck the header away though. CMS had the defence worried, looked a lot more positive than the games i saw him in last season. Crofts was the standout midfielder. We looked good as a defensive unit especially the full backs, until the ball was crossed into the box when we appeared to panic and everything seemed to be 'last ditch'. Kuschak was solid. My big criticism was some woeful passing. I am a massive fan of our style of play, theres a great rhythm to it but some of our midfielders get hypnotised by it and play blind square passes which put us in all sorts of trouble. 7 out of 10.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I was walking my normal route back after the game, down the side of the railway track towards the 'Scoomb, and they've only put an 'effing great car park on the site of the demolished Bridge building, meaning about 4000 people bottleneck as cars try to get out of the old Falmer School tunnel FFS! Sort it aaaaaaart double lively please :ohmy:

Lol I went that way for a change...think I wont be trying that again....might use it to go to the stadium though

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here