Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2024-25 Season]

FloatLeft

Jun 12, 2012
The award-winning official "More snow tomorrow?" thread [2013-14 season]

I'm not going to read PL's link and just assume this is some kind of mystical portal to another universe, I must be close to the mark.

It's even known as the 'circumpolar whirl'.

Flex Your Head

Classic Express front page today; Snow, Di, EU. Just needed a miracle cure or diet for the full-house!

DE.jpg

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Getting colder
Sky reporting snow in some places
Does it reach here?

Unlikely. The cold blast will be glancing blow, with perhaps some snow showers in the North and North East. After that the High Pressure will collapse across us, and eventually establish over the near continent

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Cold blast for Thursday and Friday, but no snow of for us, beyond a odd wintry shower.

Models do not suggest anything very much colder beyond this weekend.

The models can change the further forward we look, but nothing just yet.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Cold blast for Thursday and Friday, but no snow of for us, beyond a odd wintry shower.

Models do not suggest anything very much colder beyond this weekend.

The models can change the further forward we look, but nothing just yet.

Yep. It's pretty much confirmed that the High will translate across the UK from the West. Once that happens there were a few hints (ECMWF) for example showed a potential Easterly development later on, but I'm not holding my breath for that.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The arctic blast expected on Friday seems to have completely disappeared from the forecast today :shrug:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
The arctic blast expected on Friday seems to have completely disappeared from the forecast today :shrug:

As it is winter, sooner or later we will have a bit of an Arctic blast and maybe a dusting of snow and I'm sure The Express won't shy away from reminding us who predicted it, Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

It was always going to be a short lived event the further South you are. It's a real blink and you miss it event anyway, as the main thrust of the northerly is going to miss us to the East.

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
Am i going to be able to dig my allotment over at the weekend or will it be frozen to 10 feet deep and covered in the worlds largest snowdrift in a Daily Express stylee

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Am i going to be able to dig my allotment over at the weekend or will it be frozen to 10 feet deep and covered in the worlds largest snowdrift in a Daily Express stylee

It will be fine. Dry, bright and crisp.

As it is winter, sooner or later we will have a bit of an Arctic blast and maybe a dusting of snow and I'm sure The Express won't shy away from reminding us who predicted it, Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

The Express weather obsession has made the Chris Evans Breakfast show, he reckons they feature the weather as a headline one in three days!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here