NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
The award-winning official "More snow tomorrow?" thread [2012-13 season]

Started to snow a little in newhaven

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Papa, can I just put on record my thanks for your brilliant early-prediction for the Monday snow.

As you know, the Monday before, I took your prediction and ANNOUNCED it to the office. They doubted me and told me I was a prat. I am, but it was still uncalled for.

Needless to say they are all know treating me as the weather guru for my phenomenal weather-predictions a week before they happen. Yes, I may have had to walk for two hours from Brighton pier, but it was worth it.

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
So that was the snow of the winter of 2012-13, a pretty good show I think, not quite 2010-11 but a fair way better than 2011-12. Thanks to Papa as ever, top forecasting, can I suggest that you put yourself forward to forecast for WSCC and ESCC and advise them when to grit the roads as they clearly are looking at and listening to the BBC not your good self!!!

Might not be over yet.....

[Tweet]311834813650853889[/Tweet]

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Papa, can I just put on record my thanks for your brilliant early-prediction for the Monday snow.

As you know, the Monday before, I took your prediction and ANNOUNCED it to the office. They doubted me and told me I was a prat. I am, but it was still uncalled for.

Needless to say they are all know treating me as the weather guru for my phenomenal weather-predictions a week before they happen. Yes, I may have had to walk for two hours from Brighton pier, but it was worth it.

this is the same situation in my office, they now ask me for the weather update. I hate it though when Papa goes quiet, like he has now. Papa Where are you....

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
papa, whats this rumour I am hearing that winter will not let go, that after a brief resprite from the cold over the next week or so, that its gonna hit us big over easter? Any truth in this?

Next week, Northern England and Scotland may well see more snow. I'd say down here it's going to be less cold, and it will be mainly rain. It's certainly not going to feel like spring next week, with low pressure over or near the UK. :( Cold rain.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Next week, Northern England and Scotland may well see more snow. I'd say down here it's going to be less cold, and it will be mainly rain. It's certainly not going to feel like spring next week, with low pressure over or near the UK. :( Cold rain.

great, sounds like the outlook is bleak then, any chance of spring happening any time soon!!

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales

So my week in the lakes could be a bit chilly?!

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
So my week in the lakes could be a bit chilly?!

If you're up there next week it could be interesting. If the low is centred over the UK, you've got a better than average chance of being on the cold side of the low... snow or snow / hail showers would be likely on a strong NW wind. Take your camera and cold weather gear.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales

If you're up there next week it could be interesting. If the low is centred over the UK, you've got a better than average chance of being on the cold side of the low... snow or snow / hail showers would be likely on a strong NW wind. Take your camera and cold weather gear.

Thanks. We went this time last year and it was 23 degrees!

LE19

A lesson I learned a couple of years ago, never listen to the BBC forecast. Net weather seems to be very acurate for Worthing for some reason. met check not too shabby either. But BBC, generally dreadful.

Can anyone suggest a better site for the weather forecast? Something simple please - I like the presentation of the BBC site, but it's just not accurate (or even consistent) for the Leicester area.

Yesterday it forecast that it wouldn't rain until the afternoon, but didn't mention that it would be snowing until that time!

TIA.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here