Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2024-25 Season]

Yoda

English & European
Hmm! No real changes on the 18z GFS Run either.

Just been looking on TWO forum and near enough all models are pointing the same too.

One note of interest, is that most have Sussex to take a battering Monday afternoon with up to 10-20cm of snow falling.

Still could change, as it all depends on that low moving accross northern France. A 50 mile shift in either direction will mean either rain for us or dry.

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Wow, what a run from the 18z.
As Yoda points out, Sussex could well be the place to be on Monday if you want snow.........
13031118_0818.gif

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Milk & bread horders ......... Die !!!!!!!! Bastards

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
That saying "it's not guaranteed" is very much evident. I would think it will be one of these 3 options.

1. The main snow misses us and stays on the other side of the channel, we stay with strong E/NE winds bringing some snow showers (if the cloud from the LP over France doesn't hinder convection).
2. The band of snow does make it but keeps going North, eventually turning back to rain in the South.
3. We do see some snow but nowhere near as much as expected, possibly ending up with a few centimetres with the Downs getting a bit more.

All snow lovers want the secret fourth option (especially Sussex/Kent) the band of snow arrives and reaches just south of the M4 which means the really heave snow reaches all of Sussex/Kent but then moves gradually east, dumping 15cm as it goes!

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
That saying "it's not guaranteed" is very much evident. I would think it will be one of these 3 options.

1. The main snow misses us and stays on the other side of the channel, we stay with strong E/NE winds bringing some snow showers (if the cloud from the LP over France doesn't hinder convection).
2. The band of snow does make it but keeps going North, eventually turning back to rain in the South.
3. We do see some snow but nowhere near as much as expected, possibly ending up with a few centimetres with the Downs getting a bit more.

All snow lovers want the secret fourth option (especially Sussex/Kent) the band of snow arrives and reaches just south of the M4 which means the really heave snow reaches all of Sussex/Kent but then moves gradually east, dumping 15cm as it goes!

Good summary. This mornings GFS ensemble is better than last night, with more agreement on the depth of the upper cold, and quite a significant precipitation spike now. If option 4 comes off it could be very good.
Meteociel - Diagrammes GEFS

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
if option 4 comes off it wont be good for some of us who have started there grass cutting and maintenance season..lets hope option 4 doesnt happen..o sorry this is the snow thread what am i saying :ffsparr:

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
if option 4 comes off it wont be good for some of us who have started there grass cutting and maintenance season..lets hope option 4 doesnt happen..o sorry this is the snow thread what am i saying :ffsparr:

For plants, a fall of snow will be better than a series if hard frosts. The snow will provide a layer of insulation.

My gut feeling is Monday will be very snowy.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
The award-winning official "More snow tomorrow?" thread [2012-13 season]

For plants, a fall of snow will be better than a series if hard frosts. The snow will provide a layer of insulation.

My gut feeling is Monday will be very snowy.

Oh I am aware of tht been doing the job 18 years ..just tht this time of year is when things are revving up for me ..snow on the ground equals no work or dosh ..but that's the way it goes

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Netweather going for 30cm of snow down here for Monday and Tuesday. Get ready for it!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here