Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2024-25 Season]

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
How much? I have to come from Brighton to the Princess Royal for an appointment in a bit

Not enough to cause any travel disruption I would have thought. It just looks nice. Doesn't seem to be setting but I can only see rooftops from my desk.

Where is Papa when you need him!?

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Am being a wimp today.
Am supposed to go to Eastbourne from Westdene for an appointment this morning.
However, snow started earlier and laying on grass, car etc. but not road or pavement yet.
As my car is a rear wheel automatic not taking it out. In the last nightmare snow bomb I had my wife's car and burnt the clutch out up Clayton Hill. She won't let me take it today as it cost £750 to get the clutch sorted.:tantrum:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Nice big clumps coming down in Worthing now, but not settling.

Is there a sadder sight than snow falling but not settling? :(

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Still flumping in Worthing, but absolutely no settlement. Damn this wet stuff.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Still flumping in Worthing, but absolutely no settlement. Damn this wet stuff.

The precipitation intensity is pretty high over Worthing at the mo - if only it was drier to start with / colder it would be settling readily.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Its certainly not settling in Sullington, the ground is very wet and air temperature is slightly too warm (just under +2 degrees).

I'm not too fussed as I need to get to Eastleigh this afternoon and seeing as the average British Driver cannot cope with anything more than a dusting of snow without sliding all over the place I'm quite happy to see wet roads......

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
The precipitation intensity is pretty high over Worthing at the mo - if only it was drier to start with / colder it would be settling readily.

Quite frustrating. Nice to see the big flumpy stuff falling though even though it didn't settle.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
So is that our snow excitement done for the week/forseeable future?

Pretty much. Will remain cold until Wednesday but we welcome back wet and windy conditions from Thursday. I feel this was Winters last hurrah before Autumn rolls back in!

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Light sleet for a bit, now light snow, not settling on the wet, in SO30. Temp. 1.6 c. Pressure 994.9 rising. Weather machine predicts sunshine. :facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here