Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2024-25 Season]

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
No sign of a downgrade of the cold. Models look good for a bitter week followed by snow by Friday / Saturday

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Not much snow seems to be around for the next few days by the looks of it, but with the bitterly cold weather we will be experiencing by the middle of the week anything can happen I guess!

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Bit of a kick in the nads with the latest models.

Very cold for the next few days, then returning to milder conditions by the weekend.....still early days though.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Bit of a kick in the nads with the latest models.

Very cold for the next few days, then returning to milder conditions by the weekend.....still early days though.

yep. Were the GFS and ECMWF to 'verify' this would all be over without any significant snow down here. Ensembles on the way out now

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Latest dog walk report - light sleety rain tonight in the midlands along the banks of the river severn - roads are going to be slippy in the morning

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Any update on this, Papa Laz? Is it all going to be an anti-climax?

The models this evening are better than the ones from Lunchtime.

The cold will bite hard as expected throughout this week, but there is so much uncertainty beyond Friday/Saturday it's not even worth discussing it!

Looks to be an Easterly wind from the continent Weds/Thurs, and with that there's always a chance of some snow. See below.

h850t850eu.png

Note, I'm not an expert. Papa will know much more than me!

Jul 7, 2003
Bolton
Definite settling of snow in Medstead, Hampshire this morning along with what could be termed a light drizzle of proper snowflakes - enough to make proper footprints in and for the dog to get icicles from his dangly parts.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Quite a lot of snow falling in Somerset this morning. No settling chez Bozza but slightly higher up, around Bristol Airport, there was quite a lot on the ground and trees etc. A pretty Winter scene it was, oh yes.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
As always I try not to speculate to often in here... so I'm no idea which way the weather's going at the weekend. We're pretty much gauranteed an increasingly cold week, with sharp frosts by night and potentially day. The easterly wind will pick up as well, which will increase the wind-chill and possibly drive showers across the SE... there's very little in terms of Precipitation in the forecasts, but with very cold air, a decent wind strength and a relatively warm north sea, streamers are possible.

And as far as the weekend onwards is concerned, I'd say there are 3 options..

1. A period of high pressure followed by milder are from the west
2. A lull in the easterly flow followed by a renewal of the cold by early next week
3. A wintry breakdowbn from the west with snow.

All 3 options are available if you cherry pick the model output, so who knows?

Good to see those to the West are seeing some snow now. Let's hope we all can join in at some point.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Quite a lot of snow falling in Somerset this morning. No settling chez Bozza but slightly higher up, around Bristol Airport, there was quite a lot on the ground and trees etc. A pretty Winter scene it was, oh yes.

A jealous boooooooooooooo coming your way. Here it comes...

Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here