[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2024-25 Season]

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Cant wait to see US's answer to this one

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Why the f*** the need for insults ? What is it with this board that every single thundercunt feels the need to be offensive ? You could just leave it as " I see that you say but don't agree " ? My person opinion is that the eastern block is just too weak to establish itself and will be knocked over like a 7 stone weakling when the boss, the westerlies start on Sunday. The fact the forecasters describe 8C as very cold is ridiculous but that is this winter. Any day under 10C is thought to be very cold.

You talk sense. Average Jan daily max Sussex Coast c.7C.

BBC have been bollocked before for letting their inaccurate opinions creep into forecasts.

You'd have to say daytime maxs of 5C or below would be cold for us.

Has been a very mild winter so far, despite the Daily Express & independent experts (cranks) predicting a cold one.

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
Not that I am an expert or anything but to me US has absolutely no idea, he has a guess then crosses his fingers. If he is correct he will say "I told you so". Whereas others such as papa actually understand the models.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Errr why was my post deleted?!?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
The models continue to wobble around in term s of published output , but there is pretty good agreement now on the evolution for the next 3-4days. The chart below shows a temperature plot for London taken from the ECM ensemble and GFS operational run. it's clear that they agree for 3 days then the spread occurs and the ECM operational run goes off on one.

Weather: Ensemble forecast

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
The models continue to wobble around in term s of published output , but there is pretty good agreement now on the evolution for the next 3-4days. The chart below shows a temperature plot for London taken from the ECM ensemble and GFS operational run. it's clear that they agree for 3 days then the spread occurs and the ECM operational run goes off on one.

so what do you think are the chances of snow in rustington??

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

so what do you think are the chances of snow in rustington??

As i said weeks ago I feel that we'll all see some snow into early Feb. The trick in the suggested setup is to work out when and how much, and a lot of that depends on relatively small scale features that emerge in the cold flow.

Yoda

English & European
I'm gonna stick my neck on the line and say either begining of the week and/or end of next week for our best chance of snow.

The 18Z GFS model follows the trend set by the 12Z.

Knowing my luck, it'll now be inbetween.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Never mind the snow, where did the flounce go? It was a beauty! BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

DavePage

ok hands up it’s our fault.
I was born in Brighton, only remember snow one year in the late sixties when i was in junior school, had to walk home from Preston Park to the Seven Dials. Since then nothing really, the odd white out driving home maybe an inch.
The roads were hazardous only because we didn’t need gritters or ploughs.
So almost 6 years ago we moved to Ontario, low & behold our first Xmas was green!!!! unheard of over here.
Ok we still get the minus 13 this week minus 20’s with the wind chill, but hardly any snow this year or last for that matter.
So what’s going on? Watching your weather last year wtf!!
Very odd, last year first snow in early Nov, it cleared then snow then cleared, etc
admittedly we had a couple of years snow shoveling, which is painful; as we live on the corner of our street, therefore the ploughs turn or corner & dump right in front of our drive, bastards.
When it snows you get it for days & days, heavy shit plus our friends the ploughs.
So we bought a snowblower 3 xmases back and have used it probably 6 times first year, twice last year & only once so far this.
Climate really does seem to be changing, even minus 15-20 over doesn’t seem that bad it’s only the wind chill that’s a killer.
So if it’s our fault for moving that you guys are getting hit, I apologize.
Truth is you now have our snow but you have a fantastic stadium and proper football. I have ,this forum the seagull player and memories.
Want to swap?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here