Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2024-25 Season]

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
ive been leaving my beer outside in the garden and its just the right temp to drink......so its fairly cold out side

Stoichkov

The Miserable Bulgarian
Jul 26, 2004
Brighton
sorry Papa - this'll do for me :lolol:

AkHXdbQCQAAs1qa.jpg

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Right. Finally, based upon much better model agreement, the Met Office have come off the fence are issued this earlier:

UK Outlook for Wednesday 1 Feb 2012 to Friday 10 Feb 2012:
Although there is a lot of uncertainty, eastern and central areas will most likely see clear or sunny spells, and scattered light wintry showers. At the same time westernmost areas will probably see more cloud, with occasional rain and sometimes snow on hills. Temperatures will probably be below average, and windchill will make it feel colder still when exposed to the easterly winds. Towards the end of the week and through the rest of the period, a general continuation of the cold weather seems likely. There is a risk of snow, ice and sharp frosts, with central and eastern areas being most prone. However, milder conditions may well push into the north and west at times.

Updated: 1230 on Fri 27 Jan 2012

UK Outlook for Saturday 11 Feb 2012 to Saturday 25 Feb 2012:

Cold weather looks likely during this period, with both daytime maximum and nighttime minimum temperatures likely to be below or well below average in southern areas, and still below average in the north. Rainfall amounts should be around average in northern areas, with some snow at times. Further south rainfall is likely to be above average with some prolonged spells of rain possible, with also a risk of some significant falls of snow. Sunshine amounts will probably be around or slightly above average.

Updated: 1407 on Fri 27 Jan 2012

right. Finally, based upon much better model agreement, the met office have come off the fence are issued this earlier:

Uk outlook for wednesday 1 feb 2012 to friday 10 feb 2012:
Although there is a lot of uncertainty, eastern and central areas will most likely see clear or sunny spells, and scattered light wintry showers. At the same time westernmost areas will probably see more cloud, with occasional rain and sometimes snow on hills. Temperatures will probably be below average, and windchill will make it feel colder still when exposed to the easterly winds. Towards the end of the week and through the rest of the period, a general continuation of the cold weather seems likely. there is a risk of snow, ice and sharp frosts, with central and eastern areas being most prone. however, milder conditions may well push into the north and west at times.

Updated: 1230 on fri 27 jan 2012

uk outlook for saturday 11 feb 2012 to saturday 25 feb 2012:

Cold weather looks likely during this period, with both daytime maximum and nighttime minimum temperatures likely to be below or well below average in southern areas, and still below average in the north. Rainfall amounts should be around average in northern areas, with some snow at times. Further south rainfall is likely to be above average with some prolonged spells of rain possible, with also a risk of some significant falls of snow. sunshine amounts will probably be around or slightly above average.

Updated: 1407 on fri 27 jan 2012

booooooooooooooooo.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
ooo hadn't seen the extended update! That sounds like LP's undercutting! I guess due to the now across board model agreement up to T120 and the ECM & GFS emsembles pointing to sustained cold and potentially snowy weather, that update reflects the latest output.

It doesn't mean we're going to get snow within the next couple of days, but it will turn colder (max daytime temps around 3c) with the potential for the white stuff as we head towards next weekend.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
ooo hadn't seen the extended update! That sounds like LP's undercutting! I guess due to the now across board model agreement up to T120 and the ECM & GFS emsembles pointing to sustained cold and potentially snowy weather, that update reflects the latest output.

It doesn't mean we're going to get snow within the next couple of days, but it will turn colder (max daytime temps around 3c) with the potential for the white stuff as we head towards next weekend.

It also means the block won the battle against the Atlantic... and the longevity does indeed suggest undercutting and support for the block. Once a block of this size is in place it could be in place for a long time.... could being the key word.

It's not in place yet, so let's keep an eye.

GFS / GME models rolling out now. UKMO soon.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
It also means the block won the battle against the Atlantic... and the longevity does indeed suggest undercutting and support for the block. Once a block of this size is in place it could be in place for a long time.... could being the key word.

It's not in place yet, so let's keep an eye.

GFS / GME models rolling out now. UKMO soon.

Scandinavian anticyclones rule - they generally give us our coldest, snowiest weather in winter, and often our best weather in summer (very warm, dry, continental weather). I love 'em :kiss:

Yoda

English & European
With weather forecasting, who knows? The good thing is, is that it's now showing on the short-mid range.

I start getting my hopes up until it's only 3 days out, but that has real potential for the Thames streamer forming on that forcast.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The local forecast tonight. Very cold by Tuesday, 0C, 1C, 2C ? no 8 C !

What an absolute joke.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Absolute joke the forecasters think 8C is very cold for late January. As it is I predict the mild atlantic Westerlies will win and we will have 12-14C by midweek again.

Yoda

English & European
Absolute joke the forecasters think 8C is very cold for late January. As it is I predict the mild atlantic Westerlies will win and we will have 12-14C by midweek again.

What do you base this on?

I know a lot can change, even at this range, but the latest GFS model has nothing of the sort:
h850t850eu.png

hgt500-1000.png

h850t850eu.png

hgt500-1000.png

h850t850eu.png

hgt500-1000.png

h850t850eu.png

hgt500-1000.png

They really look like westerlies.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here