Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2024-25 Season]

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I'm sure you've been in touch with your wife Kalimantan. Just a word of warning. Drive from T Wells to Brighton yesterday and all the major roads were clear. The only place we had a slight issue was on the main road between Uckfield and the allotments in Lewes. And specifically roughly betwee the Isfield turning and Lewes. Despite gritting the raod was still icy. Looked better by the evening, but clearly Barcombe have had it pretty bad.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
I think the weather gadget on my desktop is slightly wrong

Attachments

• weather.JPG
    weather.JPG
    14.2 KB · Views: 372

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Coming down hard here. Made it about 2/3 of the way to work whereupon my car ignored my instruction, delivered via the steering wheel, to bear left. Fortunately nothing coming the other way at the time, so my not-so-graceful slide didn't result in any damage.

With that I turned round and crawled home slowly.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Coming down hard here. Made it about 2/3 of the way to work whereupon my car ignored my instruction, delivered via the steering wheel, to bear left. Fortunately nothing coming the other way at the time, so my not-so-graceful slide didn't result in any damage.

From the radar it looks pretty bad in your area.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
looks like Weymouths getting a battering, huge red blob over there right now!

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill

So it was nearer for you to get to work, then return home, but you still went home. Top Work :)

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
It seems to be missing us :(

some of that tail might get close to us, can see it dispersing or going up north over portscum though as it usualy does when coming from the south west.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Still looking good for snow for those of us not on the coast.

A new metoffice flash warning:

London & South East England:
Brighton + Hove
E Sussex
Kent
Medway
Surrey
W Sussex
Heavy Snow 1250 Mon 20 2100 Mon 20

A band of snow will spread across the area during Monday afternoon and Monday evening with 3 to 8cm falling quite widely, and locally between 10 and 15cm on higher ground in the south such as the South Downs. Locations along the immediate coastal strip of the English Channel are likely to see a mixture of rain and sleet.

The public are advised to take extra care and refer to the Highways Agency for further advice on traffic disruption on motorways and trunk roads.

Issued at: 1045 Mon 20 Dec

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I'm sure you've been in touch with your wife Kalimantan. Just a word of warning. Drive from T Wells to Brighton yesterday and all the major roads were clear. The only place we had a slight issue was on the main road between Uckfield and the allotments in Lewes. And specifically roughly betwee the Isfield turning and Lewes. Despite gritting the raod was still icy. Looked better by the evening, but clearly Barcombe have had it pretty bad.

Yep, they have. But they can get out today and on way to airport right now, all we need is a plane to arrive and the snow to hold off for the next four hours and it'll be a good Christmas :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here