Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2024-25 Season]

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Yup BBC seem to be expecting a band of snow to sweep in tomorrow afternoon/evening, and perhaps a more severe snow event on Wednesday. Let's just focus on tomorrow first though!

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Yeah, you must be gutted, fingers crossed for you mate, are you on Quantas or BA?

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Metoffice Warning:

An area of snow is expected to move eastwards across parts of southern England and south Wales on Monday. Further accumulations of 2-5 cm are likely, with a risk of 10 cm in places. In addition there is a risk of 15-20 cm accumulating over high ground of southwest England and South Wales. Snow may turn to rain during the day in the southwest.

There remains considerable uncertainty regarding the extent and depth of additional snow. Please continue to monitor the Met Office Website for further updates or possible upgrade to an Early Warning.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Not being an expert on airlines at all as my knowledge is very limited but at most holiday destinatiuons they have moveable stairways that are taken up to the doors and the doors opened to allow you to walk down the steps. The also have lifts for disabled could they not use them to get people off of the plane I know it would mean a few at a time but in perhaps an hour the plane would be emptied.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Lets hope so for you mate, and for Leigh and Big Dave

Not being an expert on airlines at all as my knowledge is very limited but at most holiday destinatiuons they have moveable stairways that are taken up to the doors and the doors opened to allow you to walk down the steps. The also have lifts for disabled could they not use them to get people off of the plane I know it would mean a few at a time but in perhaps an hour the plane would be emptied.
But if you can wheel a stairway to the plane, the snow is obviously not a problem. In this instance, the snow was so deep as to make it impossible for the plane to get anywhere near the terminal building, to say nothing of the fact that it took at least eight hours for a snowplough to clear a path for the plane to move to the disembarkation point at the terminal.

By the way ... I haven't mentioned the 800 mile journey that my daughter had to make to get to the airport at Nairobi before she even got on the plane.

At the very least, she deserves a ticket for the Pompey game (which is the day before she travels back to the Congo).

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
Bloody six hour drive back from Warrington to Sullington, most of which was taken up by the utter cock-up of lane clearing and salting of the M40 around Banbury/Oxford. M56 - fine, M6 all the way to Brum - also fine, M42 - ditto, turn onto the M40 and its bloody Narnia, abandoned cars everywhere and down to ONE lane only for miles and miles with people slithering and sliding around.

I saw two snowploughs all day on the M40 so WTF are the Highways Agency playing at?:tosser:

Short of a multiple nuclear strike they should be able to keep Motorways (clue in the Title) open and believe me the M40 was within an ace of closing this afternoon. :angry:

Now I have to hope that Heathrow is open tomorrow & our Melbourne flight on Tuesday is OK.:facepalm:

We were supposed to be travelling from Sussex to Stratford and back today but decided against it after looking at the cameras on the M40.

Good Decision methinks

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Lord B must admit I hadnt thought of that just hada thought that they could have made a narrow pathway to and from the plane for people to walk on but obviously the ploughs would be being used on other arears.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I would bloody love it if I couldn't get to work in the Crawley office on Tuesday. I don't mind going to work, just don't want to sit through a 2 hour team meeting that will bore me to tears.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
At the very least, she deserves a ticket for the Pompey game (which is the day before she travels back to the Congo).

She is brave to want to spend time with ill-educated savages. Then again she can go to the Congo afterwards to get over it.

I thank you.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Well obviously its 25 degrees and sunny here, but my wife and daughter are due to fly from Gatwick this afternoon, and I haven't seen them in 3 months and I'm starting to get very worried indeed. Even if the flights are on I'm wondering if the can make it from Barcombe out to the airport. Please thaw today....

PS what does your daughter do in Congo Lord B?

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
I'm in the same boat . My 12 year old son lives in Sweden and hes meant to be flying in to gatwick tomorrow for Xmas . Not worried about the flight so much as me being able to drive to the airport

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Looks like a light dusting overnight in Southwick

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
getting pretty cloded over here in bn17 not sure if going to rain or snow

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here