Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2024-25 Season]

The young Miss Bracknell is still stuck on a plane in a snowdrift at Charles de Gaulle airport, with no prospect of reaching a terminal building for some time.

Sat in the same cramped seat for 16 hours ... so far.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
The young Miss Bracknell is still stuck on a plane in a snowdrift at Charles de Gaulle airport, with no prospect of reaching a terminal building for some time.

Sat in the same cramped seat for 16 hours ... so far.

I saw these stories on the news, why are they not allowed to just get out and walk the distance? I'd be going livid personally.

I saw these stories on the news, why are they not allowed to just get out and walk the distance? I'd be going livid personally.
Boeing 777s don't actually carry stepladders or ropes.

Miss B says that the worst thing is that she only has the clothes she is wearing - the plan was to be met by a warm winter coat when she arrived at Heathrow.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
But they do have those emergency slides at every door no? I am no plane expert but it seems incredible to me that they are not allowed off the plane, or even that they cant.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Use another plane while that one is repaired.

Something tells me that you want young Miss Bracknell to suffer

Use another plane while that one is repaired.

Something tells me that you want young Miss Bracknell to suffer

The "other plane" is, of course, stuck at Heathrow. Or possibly Nairobi.

As for Miss B, I have alternative offspring. One is in Woodingdean, the other is in Stamford Hill.

Fortunately none of them are in Mile Oak. Or the white hell that is Southwick.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
That's ridiculous Lord B I would go spare if that was me and the family. Can you imagine screaming kids on a plane for 16 hours going no where!

I saw on the news a fllght from Miami was landed at Gatwick, but couldn't make it to the the terminal. They stayed there for 5 hours!! I don't understand why they can't get them off. They must have been going spare.

BREAKING NEWS ... They are now off the plane in Paris and inside a terminal building. The crew have a compulsory 16 hour break to take, but seem to be available (with the plane) to fly to Heathrow tomorrow. It looks like a long night at the airport ahead for Miss B.

Kenya Airways don't have a Paris operating base, so the options are fairly limited.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Bloody six hour drive back from Warrington to Sullington, most of which was taken up by the utter cock-up of lane clearing and salting of the M40 around Banbury/Oxford. M56 - fine, M6 all the way to Brum - also fine, M42 - ditto, turn onto the M40 and its bloody Narnia, abandoned cars everywhere and down to ONE lane only for miles and miles with people slithering and sliding around.

I saw two snowploughs all day on the M40 so WTF are the Highways Agency playing at?:tosser:

Short of a multiple nuclear strike they should be able to keep Motorways (clue in the Title) open and believe me the M40 was within an ace of closing this afternoon. :angry:

Now I have to hope that Heathrow is open tomorrow & our Melbourne flight on Tuesday is OK.:facepalm:

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Jez, see Leigh's post on SCCC message bd re: flights by Quantas, Paperboy has been in touch

philsussex

Dec 9, 2006
Good Old Sussex By the Sea
BREAKING NEWS ... They are now off the plane in Paris and inside a terminal building. The crew have a compulsory 16 hour break to take, but seem to be available (with the plane) to fly to Heathrow tomorrow. It looks like a long night at the airport ahead for Miss B.

Kenya Airways don't have a Paris operating base, so the options are fairly limited.

How awful. I'd hate to be in Paris. I'd want to get straight back on that plane.

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
f***ing loads in Cheltenham apparently now I'm not there :( Fair bit here in Eastbourne though

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here