Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2024-25 Season]

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I’m watching our women’s team kick off at Crawley, where the pitch had to be cleared of snow this morning. You can see it at the side of the pitch.
It’s on IPlayer.

So where the heck did that snow come from? Yes, I know. But seriously, apart from Crawley, did anyone else wake up this morning to snow?
I had to check where the game was being played. It looked like Crawley, it said it was Crawley, and yet there was snow!

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
So where the heck did that snow come from? Yes, I know. But seriously, apart from Crawley, did anyone else wake up this morning to snow?
I had to check where the game was being played. It looked like Crawley, it said it was Crawley, and yet there was snow!

Maybe it was a heavy frost or ice after yesterday's rain?

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I've checked some weather stations in the Crawley area, and nothing shows temps low enough for snow yesterday. My only guess is that the heavy precipitation yesterday afternoon / evening included some hail or graupel which was heavy enough to settle on the pitch, which then froze overnight.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
No snow in my Crawley garden this morning, or in Handcross at lunchtime :shrug:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Shall we put this to bed now for another year ? A complete no show, seems all of Europe is the same

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Shall we put this to bed now for another year ? A complete no show, seems all of Europe is the same

Perhaps depends upon whether one counts Istanbul as Europe.
istanbul.jpg

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
BBC 4-week forecast, and the Met Office's one-month forecast, both predicting average or slightly-above-average temperatures right through to late February, and therefore no snow except occasionally on the highest Scottish mountains.

For those who do want some snow, the only tiny sliver of faint hope is that 4 years ago, the Beast from the East arrived during the first few days of March.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
We do not live in Athens or Istanbul

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
BBC 4-week forecast, and the Met Office's one-month forecast, both predicting average or slightly-above-average temperatures right through to late February, and therefore no snow except occasionally on the highest Scottish mountains.

For those who do want some snow, the only tiny sliver of faint hope is that 4 years ago, the Beast from the East arrived during the first few days of March.

End of February

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

And other than those in Kent and other counties near the North sea, was pretty much a non-event.

For down here, this has been a particularly boring winter. Lots of dull days, relatively mild, and no snow. I see very little in the forecast data to suggest that will change.

Elsewhere, Greece, Turkey and other SE European areas have been the beneficiaries of our lack of snow, with (seemingly once again) deep cold air and heavy snow there.

Disappointing for anyone who likes snow, but given the ongoing energy price rises, probably, on balance, not a bad thing overall. I'm happy to forgo a couple of days of snow if it means people can still afford to heat their homes.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here