Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2024-25 Season]

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Sadly I fear US is right it just isn't cold enough. I drove across the High Peaks from Rotherham to Manchester last night and even there it only dropped to 1 degrees. That's a road notorious for show and being closed for ice, but nothing.

Stayed in a hotel slightly further down and there was the nearest hint of a snow dusting on top of the car in the morning, no where else.

When you look at the temperatures for here there is just no chance of snow.

Boo to that.

But with respect you are just giving us a current situation which hasnt really got much to do with future weather, I happen to agree with you but moreso because of the projected set up rather than tonights temps., but if someone says snow Monday and you say it actually isnt cold enough now Wednesday evening, it kinda doesnt really make sense ......

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
All indicators are for more mild and rainy weather again from the middle of next week

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
A few cold nights with frost but some lovely crisp sunny days so enjoy it. This will be our winter

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
You may well be right US, but you cannot possibly know what the whole of January may deliver and certainly not February, unless you wish to enlighten us :)

Can't 'know', but long-range and jetstream forecasts all point clearly to a strong west/south-west air-flow from mid-Atlantic re-establishing itself from middle of next week onwards, which means a reversion back to mainly mild, often wet and sometimes windy weather well into February.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Can't 'know', but long-range and jetstream forecasts all point clearly to a strong west/south-west air-flow from mid-Atlantic re-establishing itself from middle of next week onwards, which means a reversion back to mainly mild, often wet and sometimes windy weather well into February.

Yes this is reflected in the longer range model output commonly known as Fantasy Island predictions, it may well be the outcome but we cannot be sure, thats all.

US has decided to quote middle of next week to get his hit of 'mild melancholy' whilst totally ignoring the period up to that point which although not exceptionally cold, it is certainly average or below yet this has been overlooked.

We are a little island on the edge of the Atlantic with north Atlantic drift lapping our shores, its a struggle to get the cold weather many of us hope for our default position is generally mild westerlies, its a loaded dice.

So a representation of mild weather weeks away is always likely to be a winner, but we cannot be sure that February will offer no cold, we just cant.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Yes this is reflected in the longer range model output commonly known as Fantasy Island predictions, it may well be the outcome but we cannot be sure, thats all.

US has decided to quote middle of next week to get his hit of 'mild melancholy' whilst totally ignoring the period up to that point which although not exceptionally cold, it is certainly average or below yet this has been overlooked.

We are a little island on the edge of the Atlantic with north Atlantic drift lapping our shores, its a struggle to get the cold weather many of us hope for our default position is generally mild westerlies, its a loaded dice.

So a representation of mild weather weeks away is always likely to be a winner, but we cannot be sure that February will offer no cold, we just cant.

If you look back at this winter I have been on the money every time, in fact I predicted this colder weather first about 2 weeks ago

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
If you look back at this winter I have been on the money every time, in fact I predicted this colder weather first about 2 weeks ago

Even a broken clock will tell the right time twice a day. Now, if you'd done something outstanding like warn the world that the sub prime mortgage bubble would pop on Wall Street showering us all in shit...now that would be fabulous. I'd Deffo listen to your racing tips then.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Still looking possible to get snow on Monday

graphe_ens3_cag3.gif

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006

Ah come on US you were bemoaning 8c on Monday inferring it was a week long temperature even though I mentioned there is some colder weather forecast Wednesday onwards of this week, we had a chat about it.

My main point is, if your default position is forecasting mild weather well thats what we generally get anyway, the clever guys are those that foresee perhaps a colder pattern emerge, I would just think it be a wee bit more helpful if you added some science or at least some reasoning to your assumptions, maybe we can all learn something.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here