Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2024-25 Season]

Jahooli

Feb 12, 2008
Its here now !

Where are you - apart from being 17 miles from Greyshades?

There was avery light dusting in Hanover BN2 overnight, still sprinkling down but nothing major, enough to show cat or fox tracks along the pavement.

Jahooli

Feb 12, 2008
Getting heavier in hanover.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Bloody hell peeps! Has Brighton been transported to the Alps overnight?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Big chunks in Worthing now

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
BBC breakfast weather reckons there could be as much as another 15cm over the south east by this time tomorrow. Specifically mentioned the South Downs

corkster

Apr 26, 2007
on the streets
There is a high risk of severe weather affecting Kent, East Sussex and eastern parts of West Sussex. Outbreaks of snow starting on Saturday afternoon will become heavy and persistent during the evening and last into Sunday morning. 7 to 12 cm of fresh level snow are expected widely with 10 to 20 cm locally. Drifting in the very strong winds will cause even greater accumulations in places. Disruption to transport networks is possible.

It is expected that this Early Warning will be superseded by Flash messages.

Issued at: 1206 Fri 8 Jan

:thumbsup:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
another 1 to 2cm in Shoreham, that means MUCH more on the Downs, that means the Snowboards coming out to pay again later :clap2::clap2:

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
just rang norweigan air as my 11 year old is due to fly back tomorrow. idiot said flight is on still. tried to say that i am practically snowed in here in ardingly (roads are terrible) and more is on the way. no, he wouldnt have it, so its risk my neck in the morning getting there or just hang about for days on end. youd think theyd just change it by a week , it would ease congestion their end

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Looking at the rain radar it appear to be chopping down before Brighton and into the English Channel much earlier. Less on the way now.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
It's all shit, we get promised a shed load and the day of the event it all peters out and changes, happened before xmas, happened with this last lot, happened yesterday and happening today.

Not getting to overly excited. We are just in the wrong position

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
It's all shit, we get promised a shed load and the day of the event it all peters out and changes, happened before xmas, happened with this last lot, happened yesterday and happening today.

Not getting to overly excited. We are just in the wrong position

No.....were not, the bigger snow is expected later, stop getting your knickers in a twist. :laugh:

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
I swear I read on here last night that it was unlikely to reach Haywards Heath.

Another few inches this morning. Ridiculous!!

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
hahaha

the written word doesnt always sound how I mean it

Probably thick innit
Don't worry anyway, if we don't get any tonight then I would be EXTREMELY surprised, its all set up for around 24 hours of snow.:thumbsup:

There may also be a few showers around depending on how far the snow gets inland.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here