Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2024-25 Season]

Plake

Unregistered User
Nov 7, 2009
Brighton seafront
The award-winning official "More snow tomorrow?" thread [2012-13 season]

Really good thread this, well done meteogeeks.

Still looking a bit nippy for the next couple of weeks. Possibly.

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
I see the express has gone slightly over the top

'snow chaos set to cripple Britain...-15 degree temps'

etc etc

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
excitement levels are buzzing, had a dream about this thread last night!! Whats the latest output saying (in english please!!)

Flex Your Head

So, it's looking like a no-show, or should that be a no-snow? A cold weekend with possibly 1cm of snow overnight Sat / Sun... and that's about it.
I'm hoping that [MENTION=236]Papa Lazarou[/MENTION] or [MENTION=7321]casbom[/MENTION] or someone will come and tell me that I'm wrong and it'll be snowmageddon, but I'm not holding my breath.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
So, it's looking like a no-show, or should that be a no-snow? A cold weekend with possibly 1cm of snow overnight Sat / Sun... and that's about it.
I'm hoping that [MENTION=236]Papa Lazarou[/MENTION] or [MENTION=7321]casbom[/MENTION] or someone will come and tell me that I'm wrong and it'll be snowmageddon, but I'm not holding my breath.

HHmm.. There's still a stand-off between the models, but there's sadly more support for the milder solution.

The Met Office still shows a cold week.

The ECM still shows the block to the north, but everything is shifted 200 miles further north, leaving us on the cold rain side of the weather.

However, the GFS, plus the lesser models BOM,JMA,NOGAPS all go for the ridge to collapse letting the atlantic to blow in from the West.

This weekend is still forecast to be cold with the potential for snow Sat Night into Sun morning, and there's a feature pushing south on Monday that has snow potential as well.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
HHmm.. There's still a stand-off between the models, but there's sadly more support for the milder solution.

The Met Office still shows a cold week.

The ECM still shows the block to the north, but everything is shifted 200 miles further north, leaving us on the cold rain side of the weather.

However, the GFS, plus the lesser models BOM,JMA,NOGAPS all go for the ridge to collapse letting the atlantic to blow in from the West.

This weekend is still forecast to be cold with the potential for snow Sat Night into Sun morning, and there's a feature pushing south on Monday that has snow potential as well.

thanks, whens the next updates due out, it appears to be a huge battle going on up there, I dont want the pest from the west to win again, we want the beast from the east to win this battle!! (for a short time anyway!!)

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
thanks, whens the next updates due out, it appears to be a huge battle going on up there, I dont want the pest from the west to win again, we want the beast from the east to win this battle!! (for a short time anyway!!)

The ECM ensembles are available now, and (for Holland) show 11 of 50 in favour of the GFS solution, so that's encouraging.

The next model output available is the 6Z GFS, which starts to trickle out from about 10:30 and is complete (inclucing ensemble) by about 11:45am.

Nothing then until 4-7pm. (12Z output for all models).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here