Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2024-25 Season]

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
when I arrived at Croydon at 8am this morning it was snowing quite hard, but not settling. About as miserable as it gets, non settling snow.

A collegue (fellow Albion fan) said that there was some settling on rooves and grass on the way up to Surrey, so it's cleary settling somewhere.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Also, let me state now that 'm 95% certain now that Christmas will be green. The annoying Azores -> European High setup that's been with us for a couple of weeks now shows no signs of shifting, so aside from the odd spell of cool NW winds after the passage of a depression, we're stuck in this conveyer belt of lows running around the top of the high.

Chrsitmas day itself could vary between dry and bright to breezy with showers, depending on how far north the high pressure pushes, but with pressure always higher to the south, the weather will be most settled down here.

Looking further ahead, there's still no sign of a switch to a less zonal flow, and definitely no sign of the sort of blocked pattern we've seen over the last 3 winters.

Perhaps January might deliver the goods

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Been snowing here in Crawley for last couple of hours, just having some heavy snow at the moment! Not settling but a nice surprise!

Yes I agree Papa, it's going to be green and possibly pretty mild with it. Have you seen the latest on the Strat? Polar Vortex to get less cold so more chance of blocking from Mid Jan.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Driving the A24 today Worthing is very wet, Horsham was sleeting and a bit of snow was laying on roofs in Dorking.

Bit of scenic snow falling in Weybridge as we speak.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Been snowing here in Crawley for last couple of hours, just having some heavy snow at the moment! Not settling but a nice surprise!

Yes I agree Papa, it's going to be green and possibly pretty mild with it. Have you seen the latest on the Strat? Polar Vortex to get less cold so more chance of blocking from Mid Jan.

Yep - that's what I was basing my Jan comment on.... Jan / Feb have the potential to be cold, which is the reverse of the last 3 winters, where Dec-early Jan have been cold and the rest of the winter mild like now.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
White fields, roofs and cars at Bristol Airport. It's slightly elevated and often seems to have settled snow when there steno traces a short distance down the road.

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
The view from my office window in Banstead, Surrey

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1324027936.748726.jpg

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
White fields, roofs and cars at Bristol Airport. It's slightly elevated and often seems to have settled snow when there steno traces a short distance down the road.

silly place to have an airport then... bit like Gatwick

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Nothing to see in balmy Worthing..... entirely expected

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
DA13 got a hefty fall this morning. Settled on grass, trees, roofs, and most definitely my car, but the roads were just very wet.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Snowed fairly heavily in BN3 about half an hour ago, now it's pretty much stopped.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here