Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2024-25 Season]

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I'd stay it's far too early to predict the winter with any accuracy.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I would LOVE to see this again!!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1315085384.481510.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1315085384.481510.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 549

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I'd love to have a 4th snowy winter in a row. That long range forecast made interesting reading. Despite what they say, positive weather have a poor success rate with their 'unusual' techniques. However, they are correct in saying that given the right drivers we could easily get a very blocked pattern again with easterly or north easterly winds. Let's enjoy what's left of summer and then we can think about winter.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Papa, I have no idea what you look like and how you come across, but I reckon you would make an excellent weatherman. Don't give up on the dream!

It's something of a sore point. As a kid I always wanted to be a weatherman, but back then the Met Office were the only gig in town and only accepted people with Maths, Physics or Meteorology
Degrees. I didnt get good enough A levels results for the first 2 options and there were only 3 or 4 Unis doing Met back then and I missed the necessary grades by 1 or 2 points as well to go to either Reading or Queen Mary in London. So I ended up at Portsmouth (poly) doing a Geographical Science course which included Met.

The galling thing is that today, not only are there loads of forecasting/presenting options, but the Met Office accept other degrees now AND lots of places do Met degrees.

I'm too old now :-(

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Could get 3 weeks worth of snow this year, can't wait until it snows again, could only be another 8 weeks.

8 weeks!!!

I do love it when this thread is bounced on a scorcher of a day, but yes we are about to have the extremes of our weather highlighted in just 8 weeks, from late 20's to freezing!! Bizarre.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
I do love it when this thread is bounced on a scorcher of a day, but yes we are about to have the extremes of our weather highlighted in just 8 weeks, from late 20's to freezing!! Bizarre.

How can people be so sure? Is there something I'm missing?

Andrew

May 15, 2008
Sussex
In two weeks time there will probably be snow around in the Scottish mountains they said on the weather forecast.

This few days of 27 degrees + is a freak thing really. It will be 15 degrees by mid/late october.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here