The Ashes,your reflections.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
They also have Simons :)

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
As to the 'crown jewels' as some of you know conty cricket is the bread & butter of the English game but it fails to pay,you can't blame the ECB taking 'Sky' money. Would the BBC all give as much coverage as Sky ? For i have enjoyed TMS while watching on Sky,only problem there is the sound to picture delay. :thumbsup:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
It was a strange anti-climatic feel for me. After the immediate euphoria and the tension had subsided, I felt a little flat.

It wasn't a cracker of a series and there was nobody that really set the Ashes on fire from our point of view i.e. [Insert Name]'s Ashes. Coupled with the fact that I didn't get a chance to see much of the cricket as the ECB sold out to the highest bidder.

It was good fun watching the events unfold from a balcony in front of the Gas 'jobby'. BBQ, beer and some banter with the Aussies in the neighbouring flat and in the crowd. The highlight was meeting Mike Gatting on the roof, after most of the fans had left. He even took time to sign a George Foreman 'Lean Mean Fat Grilling Machine' of the chap who owned the flat I was watching from. :clap:

I don't think the Ashes has been devalued by a 'weakened' Australia. They still have some very classy players, but didn't take their chances. I would say we were lucky on the whole, but various bursts of effort and some talismanic displays, along the way, would not suggest that we were underserving. Particularly as we lost our key player, early on in the series.

jimmypbha

Apr 5, 2009
NORTH STAND
I believe that Panesar and Anderson were not given enough recognition for their part in the Cardiff draw. They kept us in that game and set a bench mark. Otherwise, the ashes were extremly good and entertaining and lets make sure when we go down under in 2 years time we can win again!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here