Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Ashes.....should I? Would you?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Was going to come out here for a big Ashes holiday taking in the classic Melbourne Boxing Day test and then onto Sydney for NYE and the 5th test. Never quite got round to organising it though.

And then, as if by magic, I was needed to do some work in our Melbourne office, which is where I'm typing this from. Since I've been here, I've sorted flights to Brisbane and tickets for days 3 and 4 of the first test this coming weekend - can't wait.

Tickets in Oz are way cheaper than tickets at home so even if you pay to pay over face value, the chances are you still won't be paying a fortune. My suggestion would be:

1) Try and get tickets via the Barmy Army site (http://www.barmyarmy.com/forum_board.cfm) - I got my Brisbane ones from there - they're a decent lot and tickets generally go for face value. If the seller is local, arrange to pick up when you're there rather than risk the post.

2) If the above is no good, wander along to the ground and see what you can pick up. Touting is not ascommonplace here, as it is at home, so the chances are you'll only be competing with other Brits for the tickets not many locals.

If you want to chance eBay, just make sure you buy tickets where the seller hasn't either quoted the specific seat(s) or displayed scans of the tickets. As others have said, there is a chance that Cricket Australia may have cancelled those tickets.

You should give it a go - 1 day out of your trip is likely to be neither here nor there and you'll have a great day whether you like cricket or not.

Adam Virgo's Shirt

I took Adam's shirt off!
Oct 7, 2006
IOW ex Worthing
Bozza said:
1) Try and get tickets via the Barmy Army site (http://www.barmyarmy.com/forum_board.cfm) - I got my Brisbane ones from there - they're a decent lot and tickets generally go for face value. If the seller is local, arrange to pick up when you're there rather than risk the post.

Thanks Bozza. Just checked this site and the world and his wife are after Perth tickets lol! But you are right, they are a lot cheaper. It looks like there is more availability at Melbourne because they have a larger capacity! I'll keep checking though and I've asked my cousins to try for me too!

Drats! Hope I can get the bloody tickets now!!!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Adam Virgo's Shirt said:

Thanks Bozza. Just checked this site and the world and his wife are after Perth tickets lol! But you are right, they are a lot cheaper. It looks like there is more availability at Melbourne because they have a larger capacity! I'll keep checking though and I've asked my cousins to try for me too!

Drats! Hope I can get the bloody tickets now!!!

I think Perth is quite a lot smaller than the Gabba - 24,000 v 42,000 or similar, which will obviously influence the supply and demand factor there.

I wouldn't rule out rocking up on the day ticketless and with a fistful of dollars though and seeing what you can get. You won't have much to lose...

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
Definitely GO. I'm is Australia now, visiting family, and have MISSED both the England games that have taken place nearby because of flights and pre-arranged beach holidays etc etc, yadda yadda.

However, I am going to the SCG for New South Wales v Western Australia under the lights tomorrow night :clap2:

Adam Virgo's Shirt

I took Adam's shirt off!
Oct 7, 2006
IOW ex Worthing
Thanks to everyone who contributed to this thread

I've managed to secure 2 tickets to the 4th day so I WILL BE THERE!!

Thanks also to Bozza for your input re the tickets. I bought the tickets we discussed, the price was for both of them, not each. Not quite as painful as it looked lol!!

Look out for me wearing my Brighton shirt at the game and let's hope they don't win on day 3!!!

COME ON ENGLAND!

:clap: :clap2:

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Adam Virgo's Shirt said:

Thanks also to Bozza for your input re the tickets. I bought the tickets we discussed, the price was for both of them, not each. Not quite as painful as it looked lol!!

Look out for me wearing my Brighton shirt at the game and let's hope they don't win on day 3!!!

COME ON ENGLAND!

Go on then. How Much did you pay???

Aug 12, 2003
Perth WA
Adam Virgo's Shirt said:

COME ON ENGLAND!

I have my two tickets for the very same day in the west stand...bring it on :drink:

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Day 3 is your best option.

Day 4 could be short,day 5 the curator will be preparing for the next West Australia game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here