Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Ashes: Second Test, Adelaide - The 100% OFFICIAL thread [Merged]

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
The Complete Badger said:
Anyway, the two players I rate most on our side (Bell and KP) are either in now or still to come, and I still think we will make a decent score. COME ON BOYS:clap:
If we don't make a decent score today we may as well give up. Warney on now, must be to target Bell

*edit* Is Bell going to take him on, that wouldn't be a bad thing to be honest, he needs to peg back some of the mental superiority that Warne has over him

Last edited:

Double Hard Bastard

Oct 16, 2006
I dont get it, theres no pressure to play with have all the time in the world! Just let them go, why even play the shot? Cook & Strauss out to pathetic shots!

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
The Complete Badger said:
Cook and Strauss really are turd. What a festival of shit they have both conducted on this tour so far. Right, now it's make of break time. Bell, Collingwood, and KP are next up and are arguably our only in-form batsmen. Will also need a big innings from Freddie after that lot. Let's be honest, between the four of them, they need to bat out the day. It won't happen though:nono:
That's about the size of it. The thing is, now those four are under pressure to perform. The openers haven't provided them any sort of comfort zone. Losing two of your opening three batsmen doesn't really help things though (Meaning Tresco and Vaughan)

Last edited:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think our biggest problem is that we have not been able to replace Vaughan and we do not have a batsman that can build a big score. Collingwood Peiterson and Flintoff are all lower middle order batsmen that would traditionally have gone in at , 5 6 &7 and either hit a reasonable score very quick or they would be out trying.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Bell and Collingwood bring up the 50 partnership :clap:
Not exactly scoring quickly, but that has as much to do with how tight the aussies bolwing has been. When there has been a loose ball Collingwood has capitalised, unfortunately there just haven't been that many.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
That's the end of the 2nd session 144/2
Bell and Collongwood both getting a 50 in the last over before tea. I'm quite glad tea has come up, although neither batsman has looked troubled, I could feel another lapse in concentration coming on, mabye we're just used to seeing England lose a wicket when everything's looking ok.
Run rate is at 2.44 which is fairly piss poor compared to what we're used to these days, but with how we've been batting recently I think it's more important just to stay in for a couple of days and build a bit of confidence. The big hitters are waiting in the wings to up the run rate later on in the innings. Now I've that we'll probably lose a couple of quick wickets after tea now:dunce:

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
1750: The Aussies take the new ball at last. No-one's quite sure why they've delayed it. Pietersen stands tall and off-drives on the up for three. Lovely. 257-3

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Simster said:
Anyway, I don't have anything against the original barmy army really, but the multitude of sunburnt twats in football shirts were indeed f*cking embarrassing at times at the Gabba. FACT.

Which days were you there on Simster and where were you sitting/standing?

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
All in all a good day for England. Still a very long way from spectaculor but to finish having only lost 3 wickets is just what we needed. Had the aussies won the toss I dare say they would've made 400/500 on that pitch today, but we have to play our own game and just keep the scoreboard ticking over nicely. Hopefully they'll carry on in the same way tomorrow, and then start to up the run rate in the second session.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here