Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Ashes: Second Test, Adelaide - The 100% OFFICIAL thread [Merged]

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
At least Jones is off the hook.Look forward to him getting more runs in Adelaide.

All we need now is a plump stick-in-the-mud to open.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Billy the Fish said:
Watch out, dwayne or simster might start a thread about you. Apparently anyone enjoying themselves at sport is a wanker.
I won't call him a wanker because I know he is one. He's my BROTHER you goon.

Anyway, I don't have anything against the original barmy army really, but the multitude of sunburnt twats in football shirts were indeed f*cking embarrassing at times at the Gabba. FACT.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I'd definately take a draw. It's stating the bleedin obvious but you need to be able to take 20 wickets to win a test and with Harmy doing his best scattergun impersonation, Simon Jones out probably FOREVER and the Turbanator on the bench we'll be lucky to take 20 wickets in the series.

I will be watching at various times depending on my 1 and half week old son's feeding and pooing habits. For Brisbane it was a bit of breast at 11, a bottle of formula about 5 and a dump at 3am allowing me to stay up for the first hour and catch regular updates thru the night. Will he be just as cooperative this time?

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford
im excited now ! i vowed never to stay up all night watching cricket again, but yes i am doing it tonight. Probably end up staying up til about 8 again !

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Jimmy Saville said:
There is already a thread for this. Did it upset you that you didn't start it?
But that was started three days ago and is now full of SHIT. Better to have a fresh one for when the teams are announced and ready for action.
I've just had a sleeping pill and the alarm is set for 12 :clap2:
See you later :wave:

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford
The Complete Badger said:
Thankyou Billy - my point entirely. I do hope you will be joining me once more for the next few nights.

I agree with Dave, obviously we are going to have problems taking 20 wickets. What gets me is the BBC are making a point of saying that Harmison has put in extra effort in the nets. Er, isn't that what he's supposed to do? If he's not in form, he's not in form, simply doing his job won't help. Having said that, I can't imagine he will be as bad again, and anyone thinking of dropping him must be mad.

Anyway, if MONTY comes in, who do we want to make way? Seems a choice between Giles and Anderson.

we have to play MONTY MONTY MONTY

Last edited:

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
I'd like Monty and Mahmood to come in. Giles is too defensive and apparently they've been watering the wicket, so there's no chance he'll spin it.

I'm actually going to go to bed early tonight and get up about 5am. I can't stay up until 12.30am, as I have to look after 2 kids under 4 tomorrow.

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
There was a thread DAYS ago, rambling on about what would you do with our team. The match starts TONIGHT, so if that fact is able to register with your obvious excuse of a brain, then you will possibly be able to understand I would quite like to talk about it NOW, rather than days in advance.

By the way, I barely start any threads on this site, so be a prick with someone else please:wave:

jeeeesus

SussexSpur

Jan 24, 2004
Finchley
Desperately need this to fall the way Freddie calls, otherwise it's bye-bye little urn...

kangaroo.jpg

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
Sorry, but people on this site who seem to actually take amusement from the fact that a topic that has been vaguely mentioned before and then comes up again really are spackers. In this case, a question was asked three days ago about the same cricket match, and now, as we sit on the brink of a defining test match, noone seems to mention it! It's fair enough to get a bit of debate going surely?!

well i was just a little surprised at the over-defensive reply. i swear people don't always react like that when the fixtures/kanchelskis joke is churned out?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here