Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

* * * The Ashes - Official Thread * * *

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
The Perth wicket is notoriously quick and in the past 40 years England have only won here once. This is Johnson's home ground and my view is he was bowling so well, he was unplayable at times.

True enough, but hasn't he only played a handful of games there as he only joined WA recently? He was mustard though - nailed-on MoM unless someone wins it for England with a ton or skittles them out today

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Fair play to the Aussies, they've come back strong today.

Mitchell Johnson has been the difference between the teams, both with bat and ball.

Effectively, it's 200 for 3 and England have to get past Hussey and Haddin. This is the meat of the Ashes contest - Day 3 of Test 3 - and it's beautifully poised. I still fancy England to get out of this situation, though.

SNOOBS

Feb 25, 2007
Brighton
Just before the last ball was bowled this morning pretty sure I could see someone wearing last seasons home shirt in the background :bigwave:

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
good morning, anyone else watching? am going to give it an hour and see what happens but not overly confident

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
30 more minutes and i will call it a day. call me pessimist but feel we have lost this

Fawkesy

Apr 11, 2009
still a lot of cricket to be played, cant see it being a draw though!

really need to keep their score under 320 to have any hope

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
one thimg that really bugs me is that I understand and empathise with Mike Holdings views on the use of Referrals, but he brings it up every time there is one, getting a bit monotonous now. most cricket viewers will have heard his views enough no i think. maybe im just tired lol

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
one thimg that really bugs me is that I understand and empathise with Mike Holdings views on the use of Referrals, but he brings it up every time there is one, getting a bit monotonous now. most cricket viewers will have heard his views enough no i think. maybe im just tired lol

getting a bit like Andy Gray etc and their continual replays of off sides etc, wish they would play to the whistle like they suggest players should. decision made so move on...rant over

Fawkesy

Apr 11, 2009
the lack of shots being played/ dangerous deliveries doesnt help as they have scraps to talk about lol

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
the lack of shots being played/ dangerous deliveries doesnt help as they have scraps to talk about lol

fair point lol, Botham now so how long until a fielding placement moan

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
or how we are bowling in the wrong areas, like they purposely bowl incorrectly *facepalm

ohh nearly a run out, feeding off scraps here

to be fair Botham must have skippered a team of 15 fielders surely!! and even then he was not exactly a roaring success

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
I must admit that before we lost cook i had a small punt on australia as they had stretched out to 4-1

Fawkesy

Apr 11, 2009
his batting and bowling stats seem impressive, unfortunately i cant really pass judgement as he was prior to my time

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here