Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

* * * The Ashes - Official Thread * * *

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Big shame about Stuart Broard, this may be our undoing later, but it seems Finn is coming good to act as replacement.
Got tickets for first 4 days at Perth, if we win there then we keep ashes as Oz can only draw.
Can't wait to get to Club on Friday and dish out some stick.:smokin:

The Maharajah of Sydney

Jul 7, 2003
Sydney .
Adelaide at 3.15.pm ;

Attachments

• Adelaide radar.gif
    Adelaide radar.gif
    37.2 KB · Views: 253

Mr Albion

Nov 7, 2003
brighton
Yessss! Get in! England! Are you watching Ricky Pontin,, Dame Edna, Steve Irwin, Kylie, Madge, Bouncer, Rupert Murdoch, Les Paterson, Rolf Harris! Your boys took a hell of a beating!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Excellent, let's really get a grip on this and walk away with a 4-0 series win.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'm praying we absolutely murder them in this one. 300/2 close of play tomorrow would be quality. Declare at 600/6 and skittle them in the last day and a half for 300 ish.

Job done. :thumbsup:
This was my post at the end of day one, just after we'd knocked them over for 245. I can't believe how prophetic it was. I really should have lumped on.

End of day 2, we were 317/2
We declared on 620/5
We bowled them out for 304

Seagull over NZ

Jul 7, 2003
Bristol
Who to replace Broad? Bresnan has been bowling well, but Tremlett is the like for like replacement and it doesn't really look like we need the runs!!

There is quite a bit of support for Bresnan, he replaces Broad in terms of being an equally capable batter, but maybe more importantly he would be a better option for bowling into the breeze at Perth. May seem a bit OTT to stake that as an important factor but the Freemantle doctor that comes in is a tricky thing. I can't see Tremlett being up for the battle witht he doctor. Bresnan would be a good shout. Timely 3 day game at melbourne for Tremlett, Shahzad and Bresnan to fight over the last test spot. Personally I would quite like them to give Shahzad a go, looks a great prospect.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
England haven't needed Broads batting so by the same logic we don't need Bresnans either.

The only one of the three I saw in County Cricket was Tremlett at Guildford when his bowling was very hostile, he seems to have got over his habit of breaking down as well - possibly Surrey's only success story last season.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Tremlett for me too

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
If Tremlett doesn't get the call for Perth then I'm not sure why he's on the tour. Seems like perfect timing for Tremlett. How brilliant it will be if whoever comes in takes a bundle of wickets next test, because basically (with Onions inj) they are our 5th choice seamer.

The contrast between the 2 sides since the end of each 1st innings at Brisbane has been incredible. We've scored 1,137 runs for the loss of 6 wickets, while Australia have scored 656 for the loss of 21 wickets. We're taking wickets at 31, while Australia are taking them at 189.50 !!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here