Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

* * * The Ashes - Official Thread * * *

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
i can't believe i will be at the mcg on boxing day and we might well have already retained the ashes! :thumbsup:

Bastard!!

<jealous>

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
Looking forward to watching this when we wake up, should be a good day's cricket, daughter cried off on surf club in the morning after staying up late.:goal:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Tick tock, comeoncomeoncomeon!

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Swann was getting abit of turn on Day One so chances are he will continue to get turn at the end of Day Three or into Day Four, what we really need is KP to get to his Ton then go 20/20 style and smash it all ove the place....same with Prior later when he comes in. That way we get a big lead quickly so more time to bowl them out should the rain showers hinder play on days four & five.

This

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
I certainly think it vital that we take advantage of our position and look for the win. Ok, a draw would be no disaster I know but getting a win under the belt and only having to draw the series would put us totally in the driving seat. If however we end up drawing 3 or 4 tests then we could end up having maybe a dodgy session or two in the last test and a ashes defeat could be grabbed from the jaws of victory! so lets get into them while we are are on a roll. c'mon England

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Does it start at midnight or 1130 ?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Thanks, got caught out last time and missed the first half hour :eek::tumble:

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Dodgy weather forecast for last two days Alex.
Need to press on and get 340 ahead then have the last hour at them tonight, get 3 down by the close.
IMHO

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
jesus has this been the SLOWEST day on record? still got one hour to wait...COME ON! :angry:

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
I know the feeling Marc, and I have had my Sky cut off grrrr. So it will be streaming tonight on that p2p site with TMS commentary i reckon

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
That fly caused Trott more trouble than the Aussie bowling line up!

I wonder if they get them in the middle, would be bloody frustrating to have a few flies buzzing around as you're about to face a 90mph ball!

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Bastard!!

<jealous>

Sorry Edna, its a long story about why me & Mrs Jakarta will be out there - I can tell you it wasn't planned but if you are in Melbourne on Boxing Day where else would you want to be?

I don't suppose you want to hear that I'm also going to be in Sydney for the New Year and hope to be at the SCG on the 3rd of January as well!

Not quite once in a lifetime trip but don't see me being out there again for a long time....

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
that clouds got rain in it!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Go KP :clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here