Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

* * * The Ashes - Official Thread * * *

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
245 all out. 234 of those runs scored by 4 batsmen.

Very well played England

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Now Strauss and Cook, please don't f*** up all the good work. Bat the day out.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Great performance on day 1. The only weak point was Finn leaking runs, but I guess he's still learning his trade and it'll take time to get the consistancy in every delivery.

Lets just hope we can capitalise tomorrow.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Probably no footy on Sat and can't get on with our building work on Saturday, so I think it will be an all nighter for me then back to bed til lunchtime. Saw the first session last night and woke up early to catch the end of the evening session. Expected Aus to be on around 250-7 and the bloody well nearly were. Great stuff by England. Hoping to see England reach 250 by close of play with only three or four wickets down.

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
What a brilliant start and end to the day for us. The new ball for Oz tomorrow is going to be critical, it was noticable how much easier the batting got for Watson and Hussey probably after only 15 overs. If we can see off the new ball and with 40C predicted it could be a long day in the field for the Aussies tommorow. C'mon England.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Great to see England push on after the end of the last test. Fielding perfect, 3 of the 4 bowlers on song and our opening batsmen not doing anything stupid in the last over.

Almost perfect. I think a siesta this afternoon is in order for this evenings play.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Last edited:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
what a quality night that was, managed to stay up until about 3:15am, jumping around like a LOON when the first 3 wickets fell. Trying not to wake the household for the next couple was hard!

Probably managed an houre tonight as I've got smething SPECIAL happening tomorrow!

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
I've got into the knack of Sky+ing the highlights at 10am then watching them when I wake up at 11 or whenever, makes it better than watching SSN or the web to see the score as I'm still cheering every wicket :D

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The result in Adelaide four years ago was the one and only time I have ever been really proper angry watching a cricket match. To recap, having rattled up 550/6 in our first innings, we were 39/1 and leading by about 50 going into the last day. To this day, I can't quite believe we managed to lose that one, and that's where the Ashes were really lost.

So for that reason alone, I'm praying we absolutely murder them in this one. 300/2 close of play tomorrow would be quality. Declare at 600/6 and skittle them in the last day and a half for 300 ish.

Job done. :thumbsup:

larus

The result in Adelaide four years ago was the one and only time I have ever been really proper angry watching a cricket match. To recap, having rattled up 550/6 in our first innings, we were 39/1 and leading by about 50 going into the last day. To this day, I can't quite believe we managed to lose that one, and that's where the Ashes were really lost.

So for that reason alone, I'm praying we absolutely murder them in this one. 300/2 close of play tomorrow would be quality. Declare at 600/6 and skittle them in the last day and a half for 300 ish.

Job done. :thumbsup:

That's what I like; someone who can forgive and forget :wink:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
That's what I like; someone who can forgive and forget :wink:
I was APOPLECTIC with rage. I was literally Maradona-handball or f***ing-Koeman-should've-been-sent-off-let-alone-score-a-goal angry, as every England batsman meekly gave up his wicket, just 3 days after Collingwood had scored a double ton.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
I was APOPLECTIC with rage. I was literally Maradona-handball or f***ing-Koeman-should've-been-sent-off-let-alone-score-a-goal angry, as every England batsman meekly gave up his wicket, just 3 days after Collingwood had scored a double ton.

Funnily enough, I'd say the same. Having watched a fair bit of the first 4 days play, I went to bed safe in the knowledge it was a draw.

Waking up the next day to hear the aussies banging the winning runs was soul destroying. Or more to the point, Shower door destroying which got booted in my anger.

I STILL don't know how we lost that to this day, especially as Collingwood didn't even lose his wicket in either innings.

SNOOBS

Feb 25, 2007
Brighton
Fell asleep at lunch, I can't handle watching highlights of those old tests. I think I also dreamt that we just could not get Hussey out again, so was delighted when I woke up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here