Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

* * * The Ashes - Official Thread * * *

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Hopefully they are in the squad as cover for Siddel and they will still play Johnson and Hilfenhaus. Apparently Rolf Harris had a bit of a reaction to his injury in his comeback game, would they risk him on the best batting track in the country?

As he showed us last year, Hilfenhaus is a decent bowler. You can't look at his performance on a pitch that's flatter than a witch's tit. Johnson on the hand barely looks like a first-class cricketer let alone a test player, he'll be lucky to survive. They're also desperately short of a spinner, soon be time to try number 10 since Warne's retirement.

I don't think England's bowling attack is that great either but it's better than Australia's - and five draws would suit us, the Aussies will have to do something desperate soon.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
517-1 declared. That is the most significant factor to come out of this 1st Test.

Ponting will be having sleepless nights, because everything that was said about the Aussie bowling attack before this series started has been confirmed, and worse besides.

Sure, the Aussies racked up 481 but at least we managed to bowl them out and give Ponting something to think about at tea today.

countrygull

Jul 22, 2003
Horsham
517-1 declared. That is the most significant factor to come out of this 1st Test.

Ponting will be having sleepless nights, because everything that was said about the Aussie bowling attack before this series started has been confirmed, and worse besides.

Absolutely: they can't bowl us out. I put on an unlikely bet for England to win the series 2-0. I'm rather happy with that now. Almost as happy as I am with a draw in this first test, which I also backed!

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
My favourite today, was the circus music accompanied by juggling actions when Punter dropped a catch :lolol:

In the field it really could not have gone any worse for Oz today. Clarke dropped a dolly at slip (and hundreds of the barmy army immediately did the juggling actions) and later on Punter was absolutely livid when he didn't get the TV umpire to give Cook out. He was giving Alem Dar (and Cook and Trott) some fearful verbals, I think he could get fined for the Alem Dar mouthful. Then about 15minutes later he dropped Trott I think (was a difficult chance though) to roars of derision from the (virtually totally English) crowd. It was great watching it at home, laughing my head off and I am sure it was great there. Roll on Adelaide let's win the toss and grind them into the dirt with the bat again.

Scampi

One of the Three
Jun 10, 2009
Denton

Absolutely: they can't bowl us out. I put on an unlikely bet for England to win the series 2-0. I'm rather happy with that now. Almost as happy as I am with a draw in this first test, which I also backed!
They can't bowl us out except in the first innings when they got us out for 260

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail

northernblue

Nov 24, 2010
I have to admit I lost a little fisth in the time after the third day, I thought it was the same odl story down udner again. But they deserve credit for fightin back and really pressing home their advantage. As previoulsy said the 5 wickets for 31 on the Saturday was also important as it shows our bowlers as well as our batsmen are better than Australias.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here