Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

* * * The Ashes - Official Thread * * *

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
In the other test match, it looks like India aren't even going to bother chasing the 340 they need to win.

41/1 in the 21st over...

Shame, it's been a terrific test match in a terrific series.

It also means that England remain at number 3 in the world rankings - SA would have to have lost for us to overtake them.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Let's hope it's like Adelaide and we bowl them out in the morning session before it buckets down in the afternoon :thumbsup:

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
171-7 Tremlett on a hat-trick !

That was hilarious this morning. Haddin was out.

Next Man in was Mitchell Johnson as he walks down the steps massive (ironic) cheering from the barmy army as he walks to the crease they sing his song.

He bowls to the left….he bowls to the right….his name is Mitchell Johnson…..his bowling fcuking sh1te (all you can hear is them singing this, with the accompanying swaying action of their hands)

First ball Tremlett sends his stumps flying and he walks back off to exactly the same chorus

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
That was hilarious this morning. Haddin was out.

Next Man in was Mitchell Johnson as he walks down the steps massive (ironic) cheering from the barmy army as he walks to the crease they sing his song.

He bowls to the left….he bowls to the right….his name is Mitchell Johnson…..his bowling fcuking sh1te (all you can hear is them singing this, with the accompanying swaying action of their hands)

First ball Tremlett sends his stumps flying and he walks back off to exactly the same chorus

I like the way they all sway to the left then to the right when singing this ditty. Reminds me of the Merv Hughes warm-up mimics a few years ago.

PG

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
England expatriates in the Sydney area - as well as the regular travelling supporters - could now be tempted to make a beeline to the famous old ground on the final day after it was announced entry would be free.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I like the way they all sway to the left then to the right when singing this ditty. Reminds me of the Merv Hughes warm-up mimics a few years ago.

PG

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Even better: naughty, naughty KP :lolol:

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
it's good to see Sachin Tendulker paying tribute to Collingwood at the moment, with 14 of 89 balls

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
it's good to see Sachin Tendulker paying tribute to Collingwood at the moment, with 14 of 89 balls

Good knock though. A fifth day wicket against Steyn and Morkel, that's some good application. If some of the Aussies had shown some of that grit that wouldn't be having their arses kicked to Ayers Rock and back again.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
What time is play scheduled to start ?

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Heavy Showers forecast, mate in Sydney says its raining now :angry:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
1103 was what I heard.

That Steyn is a handy bowler isn't he. Typical South African attitude (by Graeme Smith) to not getting the decision though. Great umpiring. Smith really isn't a likeable man.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
There's another Barmy Army Captain Cook tshirt out:
http://twitpic.com/3nlgj2

This is the old one:
img28860.jpg

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here