Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

* * * The Ashes - Official Thread * * *

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
"My aim in life was being the best father I could to my children"- Warne.

What, by cheating on your wife/their mother, texting photographs of your knob to every blonde you meet, and shagging around to the point where she divorces you? Hey, thanks Dad!

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Damn and blast it. We're not going to break the record. 636 equals the highest ever England score in Australia. Well I doubt we will as I can't see us batting after lunch.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

pasty

Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Right, now comes the dangerous half an hour during lunch when I usually fall asleep on the sofa only to wake up about about tea-time. Anyone got any ideas (clean please) on how to while away half an hour at this time of the morning?

*must stay awake*

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
Lunch is fine for the players to rest, but sod it, I dont want 40 mins or i will fall asleep

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Cold bath? Brewing a coffee? I really need to sleep, have a meeting a 9 tomorrow but gosh darned I want to see this and I feel pretty awake having fallen asleep for a couple of hours in front of the footbal earlier.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Right, now comes the dangerous half an hour during lunch when I usually fall asleep on the sofa only to wake up about about tea-time. Anyone got any ideas (clean please) on how to while away half an hour at this time of the morning?

*must stay awake*

Coffee and a couple of MiL's mince pies here! Usually does the trick.

pasty

Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I'd love to see England take the piss and not declare, come out to bat and get the one run needed for the new record, then declare :laugh:

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
Right, now comes the dangerous half an hour during lunch when I usually fall asleep on the sofa only to wake about about tea-time. Anyone got any ideas (clean please) on how to while away half an hour at this time of the morning?

*must stay awake*

I have the same problem. Will make the compulsory coffee first, then 5 mins at front door getting fresh air and watching the rain! followed by doing the washing up, another coffee.

pasty

Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
OH NO! Just seen this on BBC text thingy...

"I am a Pom loving the game but should warn you that I live 90km north of Sydney on the Central Coast and the heavens have just opened up big time. Fingers crossed that it doesn’t travel south to mess up the day."

Please no, don't let the weather spoil our fun

Oct 25, 2003
drink a cup of coffee, sleep for exactly 15 minutes, wake up and you'll feel f***ing brilliant

coffee takes about 15 mins to kick in, so you'll have the double bonus of power nap euphoria and caffeine rush

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I'd love to see England take the piss and not declare, come out to bat and get the one run needed for the new record, then declare :laugh:

I would like Strauss to tell the batsmen we are going back out for 5 overs just to make the Ausies get all set to field again then declare, so have a whack. To me that would be taking the piss big time, we might hit another 20 runs and add another record to the growing list this tour.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here