Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

* * * The Ashes - Official Thread * * *

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
On the subject of that "catch", did the Australians actually ask for a review on that one? Please don't tell me they actually wasted a review when at least three of the fielders knew damn well it hadn't carried.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
On the subject of that "catch", did the Australians actually ask for a review on that one? Please don't tell me they actually wasted a review when at least three of the fielders knew damn well it hadn't carried.
No, the umpires asked the third umpire to clarify if it carried, wasnt a team review.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
No, the umpires asked the third umpire to clarify if it carried, wasnt a team review.

Shame. They should have automatically lost one, just for bad behaviour.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Hurrah, a four at last, after a whole bunch of threes.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Well we have just about caught them up, must admitI was worried this morning.
Settle for another 100 ahead, 200 would be a match and Ashes series clincher.
Off to bed now, get up at 6-00 for last 45 mins
Night

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
England 277-5. LUNCH

Cook 130* Bell 20*

Only 3 runs behind... great chance to pile on a decent first innings lead this afternoon.

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
very satisfactory session i think. was great hearing the barmy army doing there Mitchell Johnson song!

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
well still awake so will give it another hour if i can keep the eyes open

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Alistair Cook absolutely awesome this morning. Most runs Down Under in a series by an Englishman since the 1920s.

Colly looked pretty poor there too. I feel he'd be doing everyone a favour by calling time on his test career now. Atherton said as much earlier in the morning session.

As for the Aussies and Phil Hughes "catch", a pretty lame effort all round. A special mention though for Brad Haddin; his expression and body language was of a man who knew it wasn't a catch and was very uncomfortable joining in with the appeal. Piss poor effort by Clark especially to try and con the umps, he's not the answer as regards the captaincy - they'd be better off with Watson.

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
very large mug of coffee time for me, going to try for another hour but eyes heavy.

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
ah sod it, will wait up till the end, may as well as we are doing well, and can sleep through the day.

Phil B

Jul 27, 2004
Ifield, Crawley
Tea

England 378 - 5

Cook 188*
Bell 62*

Lead of 98

England are completely dominant at the halfway mark of this test. Cook and Bells partnership is 152 and to be fair,
it is going to take a run out, a grasscutter or sheer exhaustion to break this pair. Hilfenhaus is bowling round the wicket which
is roughing it up nicely for Swann when England decide to put the Aussies out of their misery.
Probably about teatime tomorrow!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here