Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Yay, one more to go

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
It was mentioned last night, and whilst I don't think he will get it (because they are losing), Siddle has to be in with a shout of MOM.

Oh.........

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Siddle goneeeeeeeee..........(2) 1 to go

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
"They are coming home..."

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I figured it had to be someone current, and he hasn't played too many Tests yet so it's more likely his average would be high :)

Not a great question, but good work nonetheless.

I ruddy love Cricinfo. I've just been reading about Eddie Paynter - the third highest English test average - fascinating stuff. Eddie Paynter | Cricket Players and Officials | ESPN Cricinfo

In the fourth Test at Brisbane, he was taken to hospital with tonsillitis and doubtless, had all gone well with England, would not have batted. But all did not go well, and at 216 for 6 he emerged from the pavilion, refused Woodfull's offer of a runner, was still there at the close, and returned to bed in hospital. Next morning, he was not out until he had scored 83 in nearly four hours. On this occasion he and Verity put on 92 for the ninth wicket. Normally quick on his feet and a fine driver, he had conserved energy by waiting for opportunities to hit the ball to leg, preferably to the boundary. Few innings in history have so captivated the imagination of the public. Moreover, Paynter insisted on fielding for a couple of hours before retiring and then, as if to show that he was none the worse, in a brief second innings he finished the match with a 6.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Siddle has done himself proud in his home town I reckon.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here