Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

* * * The Ashes - Official Thread * * *

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Is it definitely being played there then?

I think the game itself is more likely to be in Rotterdam or somewhere around there, but Amsterdam is the more likely place to stay for a couple of nights, methinks.

I did India for the Champions League games last year, so it would be rude not to take the opportunity to go Dutch.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Is it definitely being played there then?

So far found flights with EasyJet to Amsterdam for £27.99 each way, but the Eurostar is looking like the more fun option at about £80 return.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I think the game itself is more likely to be in Rotterdam or somewhere around there, but Amsterdam is the more likely place to stay for a couple of nights, methinks.

I did India for the Champions League games last year, so it would be rude not to take the opportunity to go Dutch.

So did I.

Rotterdam seems much more attractive to me, the biggest port in Europe - the sheer tonnage of merchant shipping must be immense!

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
So far found flights with EasyJet to Amsterdam for £27.99 each way, but the Eurostar is looking like the more fun option at about £80 return.

Get on the first class for free shan't, I might have to vist my sis in Paris beforehand. Never been to holland so looking forward to it!

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
So did I.

Rotterdam seems much more attractive to me, the biggest port in Europe - the sheer tonnage of merchant shipping must be immense!

Rotterdam is pretty naff in comparison to Amsterdam, unless you're really into ships, and dull town centres. Or if you're bored to tears from having been to Amsterdam so many times.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Get on the first class for free shan't, I might have to vist my sis in Paris beforehand. Never been to holland so looking forward to it!

Well, the chances are, the Albion will have a pre season friendly at Falmer that weekend, but to be honest, I don't really care. I've waited YEARS for our new stadium, so I can hold off another week. I don't want that magic moment when I first go there to be some crappy meaningless friendly in front of a test audience of two thirds of capacity, so I'm quite happy to go to the Netherlands instead, make a weekend of it, and then enjoy the Albion's first ever league game in proper style seven days later.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Come on the BOWLSTARS, knock over those BAT-TARDS.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Here we go!

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Well, the chances are, the Albion will have a pre season friendly at Falmer that weekend, but to be honest, I don't really care. I've waited YEARS for our new stadium, so I can hold off another week. I don't want that magic moment when I first go there to be some crappy meaningless friendly in front of a test audience of two thirds of capacity, so I'm quite happy to go to the Netherlands instead, make a weekend of it, and then enjoy the Albion's first ever league game in proper style seven days later.

Yeah, no worries about missing that friendly. I wish we'd play 25-25-20-20 instead of 40 overs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here