Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Ashes: First Test *OFFICIAL* thread

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Flintoff, Harmy, Giles, Anderson - all lacking sufficient match practice and match fitness, so why on earth did Panesar play in the last warm-up match?

Apart from Freddie's good form, the only other glimmer of good news is that it is clear to the England batsmen exactly what they have to do, which is to bat sensibly and eat up the clock first time around.

I think the key man will be Ian Bell. He has been in excellent form and has something to prove after he flopped when those around him excelled in 2005.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
So who is gonna stay up tonight and watch that "risible" performance continue?

Jul 20, 2003
I'll make it through to lunch and then retire to my chambers with DAB providing a soundtrack to my nightmares

last night my mirroball fell from the ceiling when Bell bowled his over

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
There feels a certain air of inevitability about the way this test is going to go.

Maybe its because this is the most experienced Aussie team of all-time and we know exactly what they can do, maybe its because we know England can't deal with Warne and McGrath.

If we are going to save this test we will probably need our batsmen to come up with 3 centuries between them, and 2 of those will need to come in the 1st Innings.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Pavilionaire said:
There feels a certain air of inevitability about the way this test is going to go.

Maybe its because this is the most experienced Aussie team of all-time and we know exactly what they can do, maybe its because we know England can't deal with Warne and McGrath.

If we are going to save this test we will probably need our batsmen to come up with 3 centuries between them, and 2 of those will need to come in the 1st Innings.

Agreed with all of that. Plan 'A' is working for the Aussies, its up to our lads to do somthing about it.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Will only watch first half hour today me thinks, certainly wont stay up later than one.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
John Boy said:
You managed to find how to watch it on the internet?

Was a DISGRACE last night.

Managed to find a working link for literally the ball before lunch.

And then it wouldn't work on my PC!! But Badger and Tommy Boy got good use out of it

Hopefully there's a link that works tonight, theres a few on that forum

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
FM2007 at the ready, 1st cup of coffee (of many) very shortly...Bring It On!

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
christ those cracks are big already....USE THEM HARMY FFS :angry:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
The Complete Badger said:
How FAT is Botham? Sake, someone tell him not to ever stand side-on to the camera again!

Leave him alone, it's his birthday
:birthday:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here