Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] The Ashes- England v Australia- 2nd Test, Lords, June 28 - July 02, 2023

Ashes- 2nd Test- The result ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Pontin still going on about the disallowed catch ffs. And they call us whingeing Poms.
Before the wicket Taylor was doing the other classic Aussie moan of insisting a rule that's been in place for as long as anybody can remember should be changed just because it happened to go against Australia.
Like Geoff Lemon writing a piece in the Guardian in 2019 demanding the Bowled law should be changed after the ball clipped the stumps without dislodging the bails. Twats.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
The Duckett wicket was very clever from Carey standing down the leg side. Stokes should have alerted Duckett really, although non-Bazball dictates that Duckett should have left it alone anyway. :)

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Taylor is a very intelligent and rational commentator. He was a top captain too.

I agree with him about the catching law. It was a perfectly good catch yesterday, although it fell foul of the rules. That's rightly ruled out.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Taylor is a very intelligent and rational commentator. He was a top captain too.

I agree with him about the catching law. It was a perfectly good catch yesterday, although it fell foul of the rules. That's rightly ruled out.
How can a catch be perfectly good and against the rules at the same time?
I don't see any way in which anybody could view that as Out. He grounded the ball.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
How can a catch be perfectly good and against the rules at the same time?
I don't see any way in which anybody could view that as Out. He grounded the ball.
Indeed. And I definitely don’t want the rules changed to allow players to use the ground to steady themselves when trying to catch. The ball needs to not go to ground.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Aussies cheating yet again in this test

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Perfectly fair dismissal. And credit to Carey because he's obviously seen this on previous occasions. I've not seen England do this from behind the stumps, but they have definitely done it with their close fielders.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here