Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] The Ashes- England v Australia- 2nd Test, Lords, June 28 - July 02, 2023

Ashes- 2nd Test- The result ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Need to take a serious look at Stokes and the next Test.

He's obviously not 100% fit for a decent bowling spell and is hardly on fire with the willow.

Or is he untouchable?

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Since Lyon got injured we are what 90-4 :lolol:

Everything going Englands way, easy batting conditions, Aussie bowler who bowls the most overs injured - let’s throw the match away :facepalm:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Since Lyon got injured we are what 90-4 :lolol:

Everything going Englands way, easy batting conditions, Aussie bowler who bowls the most overs injured - let’s throw the match away :facepalm:
If we lose this it will be the series, today could be pivotal

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Providing England get to 350 we are still in the match, with the manner in which England score a final innings chase on a placid lords pitch with no frontline spinner for the Aussies, isn’t out of the question.

But given where we were at 192-1 I can’t say I have much faith, our inability to tackle this short ball ploy shows a lack of brains.

Bairstow nearly out to the short ball

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Providing England get to 350 we are still in the match, with the manner in which England score a final innings chase on a placid lords pitch with no frontline spinner for the Aussies, isn’t out of the question.

But given where we were at 192-1 I can’t say I have much faith, our inability to tackle this short ball ploy shows a lack of brains.

Bairstow nearly out to the short ball
Agree with this really.

Bairstow is key to this because Brook is struggling and I can't help thinking he'll be out in 20 or 30 mins. Bairstow will need to carry the lower order and get as close to 400 as possible. I think if we get to 380 we'll be favourites with Australia missing a front line spinner (and mid-to-lower order batsman) down.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
All the above

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here