Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The arrogant joy of looking down on a troubled club!

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Too young (ha ha!) to recall the abuse we took from them during the Priestfield/Withdean era .. payback time in my book, they aren't Plymouth/Wrexham and don't get a drop of sympathy from me

Deanbha

Mar 27, 2008
Living in the real world.
Bollocks.

Even today, the day they knew they were going to get media exposure being as it's the featured game on the FLS they did NOTHING.

I was expecting something today, pitch invasion, abandoned game, something from them just to show they, the fans, are trying to at the very least to get a message accross about the "Fit and proper Persons" test. what did they do? A blue flare and renditions of Play up Pompey, Pompey play up. f*** THEM,

Didn't think of it like that. Good post!

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
Care to expand on that? How is it in any way the fans fault?

it's not, but at the same time they are repeatedly riding their luck with the tax man. They can't pay their players but they can afford to magic in some more players to build up their squad. I thought they had their bank accounts frozen.

i was talking to a pompey fan on the Racehill P&R earlier. He said he would happily see his team relegated instead of folding. The chance to get to see a whole load of new stadiums and clubs.

i admire that, but how many more chances do they want to have at the expense of the taxman? You have to pay tax, I have to pay tax. If we glittered up our eyes, tears in each, and read a sob story to HMRC, do you think they would be lenient on us? Not on your nelly. Yet pompey seem to have done this repeatedly. They are now trying to buy players with the money they can't afford to give to the tax man.

fucks me right off.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
it's not, but at the same time they are repeatedly riding their luck with the tax man. They can't pay their players but they can afford to magic in some more players to build up their squad. I thought they had their bank accounts frozen.

i was talking to a pompey fan on the Racehill P&R earlier. He said he would happily see his team relegated instead of folding. The chance to get to see a whole load of new stadiums and clubs.

i admire that, but how many more chances do they want to have at the expense of the taxman? You have to pay tax, I have to pay tax. If we glittered up our eyes, tears in each, and read a sob story to HMRC, do you think they would be lenient on us? Not on your nelly. Yet pompey seem to have done this repeatedly. They are now trying to buy players with the money they can't afford to give to the tax man.

fucks me right off.

For sure. And I agree with you wholeheartedly. But I repeat: How is it in any way the fans fault? Its not like they have any kind of say in which Russian money-launderer takes control of their club.

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
For sure. And I agree with you wholeheartedly. But I repeat: How is it in any way the fans fault? Its not like they have any kind of say in which Russian money-launderer takes control of their club.

what is the population of pompey, and how many of said population are die hard fans? Remember the picture of the guy posted on here, blue hat, air horns (citation needed) and tattoos. I bet my bloody house that not only did he not speak up against this, the other hardcore mega bust-a-rival's-head-in pompey fans never spoke out either. I bet only a few spoke out, the rest burried their heads in the sand, but then, that's just me.

Funny that, it wasn't my fault either in 96 that the Goldstone was sold or we had to lease it back for another season till 97. It wasn't my fault we had to go to Gillingham for 2 years. and for the best of my knowlege it wasn't my fault that we had to play at Withdean for years.

I do however remember being the subject of intense abuse from the away fans and even armchair Preiership fans for all these years.

The boot has been removed and is at present sitting firmly laced up on my foot.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Funny that, it wasn't my fault either in 96 that the Goldstone was sold or we had to lease it back for another season till 97. It wasn't my fault we had to go to Gillingham for 2 years. and for the best of my knowlege it wasn't my fault that we had to play at Withdean for years.

I do however remember being the subject of intense abuse from the away fans and even armchair Preiership fans for all these years.

The boot has been removed and is at present sitting firmly laced up on my foot.

The fact that we have been there makes me not want it to happen to other clubs (even Pompey) let alone scoff, abuse and gloat about it.

We were lucky we had a number of people prepared to stand up and do something about our plight (once again I thank them). Pompey obviously do not and that is a great shame.

They also have some knobhead supporters who will not accept what is happening. As did we from my memory.

What ever joy it gives you watching fellow supports go through similar to us then I hope you enjoy it. I just can't for a second understand how you can and to me it is a microcosm of what is wrong with football and society today.

The fact that we have been there makes me not want it to happen to other clubs (even Pompey) let alone scoff, abuse and gloat about it.

We were lucky we had a number of people prepared to stand up and do something about our plight (once again I thank them). Pompey obviously do not and that is a great shame.

They also have some knobhead supporters who will not accept what is happening. As did we from my memory.

What ever joy it gives you watching fellow supports go through similar to us then I hope you enjoy it. I just can't for a second understand how you can and to me it is a microcosm of what is wrong with football and society today.

That is one of the most sanctimonious load of absolute, total, tripe I've read on here.

Here we go:

Administration 1: Gutted for them, proper club.
Administration 2: How does that happen twice so close together, something may not be right here?
Administration 3: Well f*** me, didn't see that coming did you? Its not like they've been signing players willy nilly for decent money, paying large wages and winning cup finals and playing in Europe is it?.............. Oh hang on.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Pay back what you stole and stop your serial cheats diving all over the league and come back here and take the moral high ground.

You cheat on and off the pitch.

Bankrupt clubs should be kicked out of the league and forced to do an Aldershot.

shut up mate hes on our side and on those above comments bankurpt clubs should be kicked out the league where would we be now. think before you type

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
That is one of the most sanctimonious load of absolute, total, tripe I've read on here.

Here we go:

Administration 1: Gutted for them, proper club.
Administration 2: How does that happen twice so close together, something may not be right here?
Administration 3: Well f*** me, didn't see that coming did you? Its not like they've been signing players willy nilly for decent money, paying large wages and winning cup finals and playing in Europe is it?.............. Oh hang on.

So how does it happen twice so close together?

Dodgy owner after dodgy owner, Hardly the fault of the decent football fans that you so enjoy watching suffer.

Mackerboy

Sep 20, 2011
They slagged us back then and would do it now given half the chance. It's all banter and they know it. They were more interested in fighting with each other anyway. Mongs

So how does it happen twice so close together?

Dodgy owner after dodgy owner, Hardly the fault of the decent football fans that you so enjoy watching suffer.

Very presumptious of you to say I enjoy watching them suffer. I abhore the notion of football fans suffering due to "dodgy owners" it should never happen to a club but sometimes it does as we know. But to happen once is bad luck, twice is unfogiveable, but THREE times?

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Wasn't our finest moment to be sure. IMHO Pompey fans deserved a bit of support in their darkest hour, rather than chants of 'does the taxman know you're here?'.

And ditto.

Sent from Pippa Middleton's lingerie drawer.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
The only recent thing I've seen on the tellybox from their fans was an interview with their supporters club. Talking about their plan b they still could not accept their position, believing that if they had to reform the lowest a big club like themselves should go is L1 perhaps L2.

Delusion and the fact their fans have pretty much done f##k all in attempting to save their club leads me to think, f##k'em.

u'vebeenamexed

Whateverhappenedto.......
Sep 23, 2011
Hove-By-The-Sea
Best chant of the day 1 - 0 to the taxpayers. Hope they get what they deserve but it looks unlikely as it seems as if the man who caused all the problems Chanria is buying the club back on Monday so they can start the process all over again. What chance administration again in 2 years time.

Is Portsmouth twinned with Croydon ?

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Bravo

f*** Portsmouth, f*** their supporters. Before prats get all "remember what happen to us" Portsmouth haven't even paid off their debets from the last adminstration, and once again handed out 20-30k a week contracts. I hope they go bust (at the end of the season) because in my opinion they should be in the league anyway.

Brighton supporters are some of the best when it comes to helping out struggling clubs (Im sure Plymouth were one of the latest) but Portsmouth have done it before and will do it again, and the fact their supporters sang "you've never won f*** all" to us in the second half, no doubt referring to their FA CUP explots for me deserve all thats coming to them

They are a small club. That's been proved, but they fail to act and behave like the small club they are.

Good luck to them as a phenoix club ala Aldershot or Wimbeldon, but the sooner clubs like this are booted out of exsitance the better IMO.

This... Reading this thread I came across your post and I was thinking exactly the same thing!

Their chavvy fans need the same shock treatment as the club does! f*** em I say!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here