Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Aristocrats

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
If you havent seen it then go see it.

Its very very funny

But be warned the humour is not for the faint hearted....

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I saw a screening of it a few weeks ago. All the reviewers i watched it with were laughing until one comedienne mentioned a downs syndrome boy. Then they shut up. Interesting to see that disability was a taboo while raping your own daughter wasn't.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Thats right, amazing what double standards wee have.

In fact thats about the only Taboo left. But then the idea is that its a joke by comedians for comedians. It will never make a standup routine because of the many boundaries that it crosses.

Last edited:

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Isn't crossing boundaries just what stand-up is all about? Why pay to see a live show that you could have just as easily seen on TV?

I went to see Chubby Brown a few years ago and some of the sexist stuff he came out with was totally unbroadcastable, but very funny. What's more, there were lots of women in the audience laughing.

The problem with the PC brigade is that they think they know what's best and will only let you do what 'doesn't offend'. To many of these cultural fundamentalists that equates to absolutely nothing - so they stop us from attending/watching in case we get influenced and start behaving like depraved maniacs (like applauding).

What they don't understand is that humour, like beauty, is in the eyes (and ears) of the beholder, and what makes you laugh must be beneficial in some way.

I wouldn't go to see Chubby again, but he certainly didn't turn me into a raving sexist. I also wouldn't go to see a comedian that did nothing but disability jokes, but a few thrown into a good set would be just part of the act.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
I don't get it... ???

:lolol:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Look at the three word story for how the joke goes....

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
DÃnN¥ §ëÃGuLL© said:
Isn't that a Disney film about stray cats? ???

Yes very funny.

Even some of the comedians mentioned they get the punchline wrong.

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
Jim D said:
Isn't crossing boundaries just what stand-up is all about? Why pay to see a live show that you could have just as easily seen on TV?

I went to see Chubby Brown a few years ago and some of the sexist stuff he came out with was totally unbroadcastable, but very funny. What's more, there were lots of women in the audience laughing.

The problem with the PC brigade is that they think they know what's best and will only let you do what 'doesn't offend'. To many of these cultural fundamentalists that equates to absolutely nothing - so they stop us from attending/watching in case we get influenced and start behaving like depraved maniacs (like applauding).

What they don't understand is that humour, like beauty, is in the eyes (and ears) of the beholder, and what makes you laugh must be beneficial in some way.

I wouldn't go to see Chubby again, but he certainly didn't turn me into a raving sexist. I also wouldn't go to see a comedian that did nothing but disability jokes, but a few thrown into a good set would be just part of the act.

does the d in your name stand for davidson? taboos exist for a reason - they identify the boundaries that are accepted by the majority of society so as not to offend. it may be the case that you find it difficult for material to offend you but you must appreciate that this is not the case for everyone. society is infinitely more open than it was 50 years ago and most would agree that this is a good thing. but don't force this process to go faster than it is.
as for your argument 'humour is in the eye of the beholder', this is true but does not provide an argument against censorship. you may find chubby brown funny, but it is to the detriment of the rest of society. government has an interest and a responsibility in marginalising this crude, base, moronic material and the fewer people who find this funny, the better for all of us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here