Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The Argus Sh1t stirring again

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Their website is impossible to read. As soon as you click on it, you're immediately festooned with ads, surveys, pop-up videos etc. Life's too short to go on the Argus website, it can die on its arse as far as I'm concerned, its unusable.

Spot on. It's a shame because they tend to be concrete and accurate with information, but their clusterf&*( of a website means we have to search elsewhere. Life is too short for it.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
It seems to is to be a given on this thread that people are convinced fans are blaming Potter despite numerous polls on NSC after every defeat the Potter out numbers don't exceed 20% so 1 in 5, not really 'a lot of fans' is it?

The Argus might have been better advised to go with 4/5ths of Albion fans content with Potter's leadership but that doesn't have the same resonance I guess...

But you are only referring to those that post on this forum. A tiny minority of Albion fans. We come on here for a reason. We want to express an opinion and we want to see what others are saying. Who knows what the vast majority think about Potter? I have a feeling that it might not be as for him as polls on here suggest. Beware the silent majority.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Your statement is just as inaccurate though, isn't it? On the last poll 65% said in and 35% were fence or out. You are assuming that all of "fence" and all of "in" are content with Potter's leadership.

No 65% were in so content and 21% out so not content the rest can't make their mind up

So 76% of fans who expressed an opinion were content, that's only 4% short of 4/5ths

Seaview Seagull

NSC Patron
Mar 1, 2021
Your statement is just as inaccurate though, isn't it? On the last poll 65% said in and 35% were fence or out. You are assuming that all of "fence" and all of "in" are content with Potter's leadership.

So near 2/3rds in then not counting those impaled on a fence? Pretty solid majority then.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
But you are only referring to those that post on this forum. A tiny minority of Albion fans. We come on here for a reason. We want to express an opinion and we want to see what others are saying. Who knows what the vast majority think about Potter? I have a feeling that it might not be as for him as polls on here suggest. Beware the silent majority.

How can you quantify that though? There is no mechanism, NSC is as good a gauge of Albion related views as anything else? That is not very good but all we have.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Agree with this,

We all saw Prince William replying to the reporter politely yesterday confirming that he hadn't spoken to his brother since the interview and that his family wasn't racist.

Today's headlines.

Daily Mail "WILLIAM BLASTS BACK AT RACE SLUR"

Daily Mirror "William on Harry, WE HAVEN'T SPOKEN"

Daily Express "HAUNTED BY THE RACE SLUR,WILLIAM STRIKES BACK"

Anything to sell their papers that may generate interest.

Quite, although the Daily Mirror headline is more accurate.

The Argus is sadly wanting in its reporting nowadays and I do feel that some journos may be better suited seeing it as a stepping stone to the tabloids- which is not a compliment.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

This "feeling" is probably connected to your own opinion.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
I haven't bought any newspaper for 20 years - can't stand half the content, and a waste of trees...and clearly their websites haven't improved the situation 😬

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
If you think the Argus website is bad, try the Liverpool Echo for completely inane tripe. And lots and lots of pop up ads.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here