Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The argus article on vicente

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
What's mysterious about it? I don't get it, he's injured. Therefore spends time in the physio room, which happens to be located away from the training ground, which means the managers and what not won't see him unless they go to him.

This is why I refuse to purchase The Argus, such shit journalism.

This.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Same as you would putting it in an email. Copy the URL from the top of the page, paste it into the "Reply" box and click "post quick reply"

Simples

:thumbsup:

I didn't know that, for all these years I've been clicking the insert link button :facepalm:

gazingdown

Feb 26, 2011
We are constantly being told that football is a business. In business, it is the injured person who is expected to update the Manager with injury and illness on a regular basis. Ok the Doc will pass regular info on, but why doesn't the player get off his a*** after treatment and go over the the others for meetings, bonding etc. Yes Gus etc may be at fault but is it possible a certain player is deliberately staying out of sight?

But for all you know he DOES keep Poyet/Tanno updated. You're simply speculating (or making stuff up). People really need to stop believing stuff they read in the local rag too (as per other thread, they're just filling up column inches, they don't care if what they write is true or not).

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I don't see that it's shit journalism when the article consists almost entirely of a direct quote from our Assistant Manager about one of our most important players.

It is what it is. A rather worrying story.

I look at the Spanish Second Division table and see Elche at the top, undefeated and 5 points clear. I imagine Vicente looking out of the window at the English rain, thinking about his new baby and the family that needs him back in Spain. Much as I love watching Vicente play for the Albion I wouldn't be surprised if it's now dawning on him that he might have made the wrong decision in the summer.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
What's mysterious about it? I don't get it, he's injured. Therefore spends time in the physio room, which happens to be located away from the training ground, which means the managers and what not won't see him unless they go to him.

This is why I refuse to purchase The Argus, such shit journalism.

The training ground and phtsio room are at opposite ends of the campus, not opposite ends of the earth! I agree with many of the posts here and on the argus site. The fact that neither the management nor Vicente are making an effort to see the other (he has a tendon injury, they haven't amputated his legs ffs) must mask something more serious than the injury alone.

I get Capello subscribing to the "not fit, doesn't exist" ethos, he's not paying the wages and looking after the players re-sale value, but Gus is responsible for all of the squad, not just those on the pitch. It's in the clubs interests to keep Vicente as well and happy as is possible (for a home-sick introvert!) because that means he plays better, and more often, for us OR commands a better price when we sell him!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I don't see that it's shit journalism when the article consists almost entirely of a direct quote from our Assistant Manager about one of our most important players.

It is what it is. A rather worrying story.

I look at the Spanish Second Division table and see Elche at the top, undefeated and 5 points clear. I imagine Vicente looking out of the window at the English rain, thinking about his new baby and the family that needs him back in Spain. Much as I love watching Vicente play for the Albion I wouldn't be surprised if it's now dawning on him that he might have made the wrong decision in the summer.

Err his family are here in Brighton/Hove with him as several people saw him booking his eldest into a school. Gary Dicker paid tribute to Tommy Elphick for keeping his spirits up whilst in the treatment room last season because it is away from the training ground. If he doesn't want to be isolated, and there's no reason why he should be with other Spanish players around, then he should get himself fit again.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
We are constantly being told that football is a business. In business, it is the injured person who is expected to update the Manager with injury and illness on a regular basis. Ok the Doc will pass regular info on, but why doesn't the player get off his a*** after treatment and go over the the others for meetings, bonding etc. Yes Gus etc may be at fault but is it possible a certain player is deliberately staying out of sight?

In business, blah blah blah....

What a load of shit. It's a non-story.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011

There's a nail, and it's sunk firmly into a piece of wood. It's there because it was hit squarely on it's head.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Err his family are here in Brighton/Hove with him as several people saw him booking his eldest into a school. Gary Dicker paid tribute to Tommy Elphick for keeping his spirits up whilst in the treatment room last season because it is away from the training ground. If he doesn't want to be isolated, and there's no reason why he should be with other Spanish players around, then he should get himself fit again.

Well something's not right with this story. Gus says it's up to Vicente whether he stays or goes. He talks to Elche, they want him. We invoke a clause in his contract and then, hey presto, one game in to the new season and another injury. That's 7 weeks out now. After Swindon he was described as having a minor groin injury. He played 8 minutes against Cardiff.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Well something's not right with this story. Gus says it's up to Vicente whether he stays or goes. He talks to Elche, they want him. We invoke a clause in his contract and then, hey presto, one game in to the new season and another injury. That's 7 weeks out now. After Swindon he was described as having a minor groin injury. He played 8 minutes against Cardiff.

Hoskins was diagnosed with a bruised foot which turned out to be a broken foot. Sometimes injuries are not the original diagnosis. Vicente seems to be a poor healer when he has an injury. It's not as if he wasn't injury prone when we got him as he had similar problems at Valencia.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Has anyone spotted him at home games sitting in the stands etc . Its odd that he is not seen around at all .... Thereagain has anyone seen Hoskins ? Normally you see guys come to games or even travel with the team if they want to be involved.

It was interesting to see the Liverpool programme last Friday and how the South American guys stick together .. Is that the case with our guys ?

Last edited:

STEVIEBABIE1

Jul 31, 2010
Don' believe all you read in the papers!

The argus is obviously very short on news as most of the words in this article were spoken by Tanno during his Thursday pre-match press conference about 2 - 3 weeks ago, when he explained that facilites as they are at Falmer now do isolate injured players from the rest of the squad! No big deal just a fact. The Argus obviously has no new stories to print.
As Liam Brady once famously said in a TV interview "if my granny had balls she would be my grandad!" If VC is fit he will play- if he is not he won't!

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Has anyone spotted him at home games sitting in the stands etc . Its odd that he is not seen around at all .... Thereagain has anyone seen Hoskins ? Normally you see guys come to games or even travel with the team if they want to be involved.

It was interesting to see the Liverpool programme last Friday and how the South American guys stick together .. Is that the case with our guys ?

Both (Vicente and Hoskins) were at the last home game sitting in the seats behind the dug out with Sparrow and Development Squad players as they have been most if not all of the games.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton

Not sure we will see hoskins again regardless - hoskins, sparrow and vincelot have been erased from history no squad numbers and not on the team list on web site. I hope and suspect vicente very much part of the future assuming he gets fit. For my op i was just surprised that there is not more togetherness or contact with a senior injured player.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
The argus is obviously very short on news as most of the words in this article were spoken by Tanno during his Thursday pre-match press conference about 2 - 3 weeks ago, when he explained that facilites as they are at Falmer now do isolate injured players from the rest of the squad! No big deal just a fact. The Argus obviously has no new stories to print.
As Liam Brady once famously said in a TV interview "if my granny had balls she would be my grandad!" If VC is fit he will play- if he is not he won't!
Yes, I watched this as well. The Argus have taken the quote from the pre match conference and it is completely out of context. Non sorry.move on

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Not sure we will see hoskins again regardless - hoskins, sparrow and vincelot have been erased from history no squad numbers and not on the team list on web site. I hope and suspect vicente very much part of the future assuming he gets fit. For my op i was just surprised that there is not more togetherness or contact with a senior injured player.

I think he's been misquoted. I'm sure they see each other, as he suggested at lunchtimes etc, but while Vicente is doing his thing, Tanno and Gus are training the first team. Why would they ditch training to go and check what Vicente is doing? They have a match day squad to prepare.

Bottom line, if he REALLY didn't want to be here, he would have walked, or the club would have terminated his contract.

I fully expect to see him back, and pray that when he does come back, Gus doesn't stick him up front again. It's fair to say that experiment didn't work...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here