Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Apprentice series 5 - official thread

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
So, who's looking forward to this then?

appe.jpg

A beauty queen, science teacher and former footballer... Meet the Apprentices Mk V

A Tanzanian beauty queen, an award-winning restaurateur and an ex-professional footballer are among the new batch of aspiring tycoons hoping to land a job with Sir Alan Sugar.

The Apprentice, the BBC's most popular annual reality contest, returns next week with a shock as one candidate whose identity has yet to be disclosed buckles under pressure and quits before Sir Alan's first briefing, leaving 15 contestants to battle it out.

The fifth series begins with the candidates having to operate a successful cleaning business.

From the offset Sir Alan warns the contestants: "I'm going to find out if you're the real deal or just a bunch of empty designer suits and dresses."

A source close to the show said that the series had taken a "more sensitive" tone because of the recession.

The source said: "The seriousness of the opportunity to work for (Sir Alan) and earn a six-figure salary will be emphasised given how many jobs have gone in the City over the last year."

Last year more than 10 million viewers tuned in to see Lee McQueen become the fourth apprentice. The show begins next Wednesday, 25 March, at 9pm on BBC One.

Tim Campbell, the winner of the first series of The Apprentice, is behind a drive to create opportunities for young Londoners and start up to 250 new businesses a year.

Campbell, 31, wants to find entrepreneurs among 16 to 30-year-olds who are not in work, education and training but have a ideas for a new business.
He left Amstrad two years ago.

article-1162609-03F21C6B000005DC-725_468x612_popup.jpg

article-1162609-03F21C54000005DC-284_468x441_popup.jpg

Rambo

Don't Push me
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Worthing/Vietnam
Lorraine Tighe worked at my firm, she was NOT the top sales person at all! She certainly is a wacky character though and will cause some good entertainment.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
THAT'S what I'm talking about :clap:

Rarely to you get to see such a bunch of total arses all in one place together. I bloody love this show.

It's great when they get revealed to be nothing like the Big I Am that they originally sold themselves as, and in fact more like David Brent.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Some nice totty by the looks of it (if you put your face to the screen and squint a bit)

Looks like the producers have gone for the usual stereotype's though. In that picture I can see the firey redhead, blond with vacant look on her face, scowling brunette, token black woman and three Asians who already run their own business.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Lorraine Tighe worked at my firm, she was NOT the top sales person at all! She certainly is a wacky character though and will cause some good entertainment.

That will make quality watching for you then. Do keep us posted as to how much she's putting it on, we like a bit of inside track here :thumbsup:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
What the f*** is that on the left?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Is it me or does Alan Sugar have an unfeasibly large head compared to the rest of his body?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Love this program

Oct 25, 2003
yes yes f***ing YES!!!!

can't wait

the first episode always top entertainment, look out for:-

1) every woman banging on about succeeding in a 'male dominated environment', which results in ALL of them trying to stamp their authority on each other, resulting in constant bickering

2) token loud mouth young, male 'entrepreneur' who really fancies himself, and get's really far despite being not that good because sir alan "see's a lot of himself in him"

3) the boys having unbelievable amounts of team spirit from the off, resulting in numerous high fives, shouting and man hugs

4) an incredible amount of repetition in the 'introduction' part of the first series. They will all be "brilliant salespeople" and they won't let ANYTHING stand in their way

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
[yt]618wOxq5Xqw[/yt]

:clap:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Looks like that pic has been massively retouched.
Hmm, if that's true then you can almost smell the programme makers' bias already; why else didn't they photoshop Cruella-de-Ville-tries-on-Frederic-Chopin's-deathmask while they were at it?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
[yt]Lker41pekT0[/yt]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here