Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] The Apprentice 2019

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Sugar didn't look too happy at the outcome, I think he picked a weak 4 person team to ditch Dean but inexplicably he finds himself on the winning team.

I've got to say I thought it was a bit arbitrary the gluten free woman geting a full £200 refund for lack of main course so a free day out with a free bottle of wine too. The other team scrimped on serving the booze but were only hit with a 10% refund. It could have gone either way.

Ryan Mark can have no complaints but next week it will either be Dean or Marianne as they are on opposite teams.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
How on earth has Marianne survived again? She's very clearly dim and uninspiring, how good can her business plan be that she's surviving? Dean is definitely fortunate to be on a team with the silent star, Carina, each week. She's got a lot more savvy than the rest of them and although the little gobshite Librarian was unhappy with her net spend on alcohol, it was required to fulfil the ridiculous promise of drinks never running dry. Which they did anyway, for absolutely no justifiable reason given the stock they had!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
How on earth has Marianne survived again? She's very clearly dim and uninspiring, how good can her business plan be that she's surviving? Dean is definitely fortunate to be on a team with the silent star, Carina, each week. She's got a lot more savvy than the rest of them and although the little gobshite Librarian was unhappy with her net spend on alcohol, it was required to fulfil the ridiculous promise of drinks never running dry. Which they did anyway, for absolutely no justifiable reason given the stock they had!

Dean has the posh voice and smart suits, but he’s an air head. Contributes nothing, a mute rabbit in the headlights each week.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

44 bottles dividend by 15 people = 3 bottles per person. I want to go to Carina's Party!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Avoided this thread as just watched it on catch up, glad the Teflon, conceited **** puffin has finally been sacked

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Just caught up, Thomas' luck finally ran out and to be fair he was given more chances than most as only won once. Think Lord Sugar saw a lot of himself when younger in Thomas and really wanted him to succeed but he lost too often.

As for the obnoxious yank gal, glad she was finally sacked

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Just caught up, Thomas' luck finally ran out and to be fair he was given more chances than most as only won once. Think Lord Sugar saw a lot of himself when younger in Thomas and really wanted him to succeed but he lost too often.

Sugar couldn't stand her managerial psycho-babble delivered in that accent.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

The correct sackings were made.

Thomas was full of enthusiasm, never hid and implemented lots of much-liked marketing ideas throughout, where others designed ‘off message’ crap. He wasn’t solely to blame for 7 times a loser, luck comes into it, where very often a useless snide manages to survive for weeks in a winning team.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
The correct sackings were made.

Thomas was full of enthusiasm, never hid and implemented lots of much-liked marketing ideas throughout, where others designed ‘off message’ crap. He wasn’t solely to blame for 7 times a loser, luck comes into it, where very often a useless snide manages to survive for weeks in a winning team.

His name is Dean, at least get his name right. :lolol: Has anyone been SO lucky to get so far in the Apprentice? He wins pretty much every week DESPITE his "performance" in the tasks. I really can't think of anything tangible he's done which has resulted in him being on the winning side so often, other than work with Carina with the whole time and let her do the thinking, talking and leading. He's massively on borrowed time, the moment he's in a losing team I think he'll be fired before the other team have even left the room.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Lord Sugar made the right calls this week. Anyone who loses 8 out of 9 has to go, while the Yank seems a bit one-dimensional and doesn't fit the typical winner's profile of this programme.

I feel the playing field is really level now. Lewis made his worst ever error by asking for £85K for the track, so £10K above maximum budget - shocking. Pamela didn't intervene, not influential enough. Of the winners, I thought Carina had a good week, Dean couldn't have asked for a more suitable task to lead and he did pretty well but the Lottie is awful. There is not a cat in hell's chance she'll be booted off next week, as seeing her - the librarian - in the interview stage is guaranteed TV gold.

For the pure spectacle I definitely want to see Lewis, Carina, Lottie and Dean in those interviews.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Lord Sugar made the right calls this week. Anyone who loses 8 out of 9 has to go, while the Yank seems a bit one-dimensional and doesn't fit the typical winner's profile of this programme.

I feel the playing field is really level now. Lewis made his worst ever error by asking for £85K for the track, so £10K above maximum budget - shocking. Pamela didn't intervene, not influential enough. Of the winners, I thought Carina had a good week, Dean couldn't have asked for a more suitable task to lead and he did pretty well but the Lottie is awful. There is not a cat in hell's chance she'll be booted off next week, as seeing her - the librarian - in the interview stage is guaranteed TV gold.

For the pure spectacle I definitely want to see Lewis, Carina, Lottie and Dean in those interviews.

I’d be stunned should Dean win “the process”.

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
Likely to be an all female final I reckon - I’d say Scarlett and Carina are just ahead of Lottie - Cooky lookalike Dean must go next week unless the girls save him again!

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009

Add in Scarlett and you've got the final 5 in my opinion. I like Pamela and her sharp retort this week will have done her massive favours, but I think she's behind the others. Except Dean, who is crap but lucky and Lord Sugar will be keeping him in because Claude deserves a treat for putting up with these people for so long. Getting to slaughter candidates at the interview stage is why Solomon got that far a few years ago. Legendary.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I'd make Carina favourite but - as we've seen in past series - task performance is not a reliable indicator of the likely winner and if Sugar doesn't like the business plan you're out,regardless of how many times you've been on the winning team. Her background is artisan bakery - so if her business plan is based on that it might not float Sugar's boat, especially as he's done similar projects with other winners with sweets, cakes etc.

That said, Carina has a good a record as any candidate in history after Week 9, with an 8-1 record, 2-0 as Project Manager and never brought back to the boardroom by a losing captain.

In terms of current form, after a promising start with 4 wins in a row Pamela has lost 4 out of 5 and will surely get the boot if she loses as PM in Week 10.

Interestingly, Lewis's record is only 4 wins out of 9. His PM record is 0-2 but in the other 3 he's lost he's never been brought back into the boardroom.

I believe the teams for Week 10 are Lottie/Scarlett/Carina vs Dean/Lewis/Pamela, so on that basis I'd say it's either Pamela or Lottie to get the boot - probably Pamela. She's a beauty brand owner and Sugar's done that with Dr. Leah (also Irish).

Last edited:

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Thomas a nice guy? Wouldnt trust him as far as I could throw him! Typical salesman shyster

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here